Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
dillonlau

Ccsvchst.exe - HIGH CPU USAGE!!!

Hi, I have been experiencing high CPU usage (vary between 40% to 80%) with Norton 360 v3.8 Ccsvchst.exe.  My CPU usage is even worst (i.e. 100%) when I am running virtual machine instance. Please advise.

Regular Contributor
snipes1988

Re: Ccsvchst.exe - HIGH CPU USAGE!!!

Can you give us your computer information. Such as Operating system, the amount of RAM you have etc.

Regular Contributor
artfreak

I had this problem with norton nis 2009 and updated to 2010 thought it solved it but it didnt...I used malwarebytes since everyone here recc'd a free download of it and not to run it live use free version and update it then run...it found some things and I ticked it to get rid of them.

Ever since Im running fine. 

You arent running other live security other then norton are you? Only manual security.  Is your start up load light?

I do recc'd tho' upgrading to newest version of your norton 360 v4 is available free to all paid subscripts.

They say you dont have too but I used norton removal tool first a few times with shut downs inbetween then installed new version.

Good luck others here may have more advice then I.

I run win xp sp3 ncss (360)

Contributor
dillonlau

Hi, thks for replying. I am running Vista Ultimate 32 bits on a Duo T9400 CPU with 4GB of RAM

Contributor
dillonlau

Hi artfreak,

Thks for replying. I have installed Malwarebytes v1.45 and SuperAntispyware v4.35.1 just to scan my PC occasionally but they are not running in live or real-time mode. Norton 360 v3.8 is the only security application running in real-time mode. Yes, I am aware that Norton 360 v4.0 has already been launched and I have already purchased a new license key for it but I would only install it after a month or 2 just to avoid any major hiccups.

Regular Contributor
artfreak

I forgot to say that cleaning the dust out of my desktop pc tower helped in past too, if youve never done this please google up directions because there are some guidelines...canned air is a great help (held level !)

And touching the chasis metal to ground you electrostatic will short out machine.