Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
SemperFidelis

Comcast Norton Security Suite 20.1 - Windows 8 - Requires Constant Restart

I just upgraded my machine to Windows 8 Pro (64 bit) and uninstalled Comcast Security Suite prior to install.  I downloaded the latest version from the Comcast link and Windows Download Manager downloads Norton Security Suite 20.1 .  I then restart the machine when prompted and get in the a constant "Reboot the machine to complet" loop.

I have already uninstalled all Norton products, used the Norton removal tool a number of times and have rebooted about each Norton removal.

Is there some sort of registry setting somewhere that I can change to just used the Setup files that are on the Desktop because even clicking on Setup.exe gives me the same message that the machine requires rebooting.

SemperFidelis

Re: Comcast Norton Security Suite 20.1 - Windows 8 - Requires Constant Restart

I've attached some screen shots of what pops up after every reboot as well as what happens if I try to run setup from the setup files.

yank
Kudos: 2,146
Solutions: 501

Re: Comcast Norton Security Suite 20.1 - Windows 8 - Requires Constant Restart

Hi,

What happens if you select the "Go to download files" link?

Just recently Comcast NSS was upgraded to vesion 20.1.1.2, and that remains as the download available from the Comcast link here:  http://xfinity.comcast.net/constantguard/Products/CGPS/norton/  .  This download is in fact setup to be used as an "over the top" upgrade, which would remove any previous Norton products and then reboot and then install the latest download of NSS.

I did find the following buried in the depths of my NSS install on Win 7 as a text file in the alpha/numeric folder cited below

If you need to install Norton Security Suite 20.1 on a different computer, copy the folder C:\Users\Public\Downloads\Norton\{3A7FA539-8005-4603-87D2-SOS1-NSSv7} to that computer, then double-click the Setup.exe icon to install the product.

You have tried to doubleclick the Norton Installation Folder on your desktop?  Right ?