10-09-2012 04:44 PM
Dear Norton Community,
We are glad to announce that we have completed testing our latest inline release of Comcast Norton Security Suite and we are ready to release the patch for English users. This patch will update Norton Security Suite v6, making it compatible with Firefox 16. Please note: once you update to NSS v6.4, you will need to run LiveUpdate again to receive the Firefox 16 compatibility patch.
To receive the update, simply run LiveUpdate and download the update. A reboot will be required. If you are running NSS v5 and wish to receive the update, visit the Norton Security Suite Update Site, or open Constant Guard™ and click on the Norton™ logo.
To verify you have the update, launch the Main User Interface, click on Support, and select About. The version number of the new release for Norton Security Suite will be 188.8.131.52.
The FAQ below tries to answer some common questions:
1. What is the version number for this patch?
The version number is 184.108.40.206 (2012)
Please note that all Norton Security Suite customers will receive this update for free. If you are running NSS v5 and wish to receive the update, visit the Norton Security Suite Update Site, or open Constant Guard™ and click on the Norton™ logo.
2. When will I receive the patch?
This update is currently available through LiveUpdate. If you have not received the patch, please restart your system and run LiveUpdate manually.
3. How can I manually install the patch?
This update is currently only available through LiveUpdate. You must be using NSS v6 to receive the update. You can visit the Norton Security Suite Update Site to download and install NSS v6, then run LiveUpdate to get to 220.127.116.11.
4. What are the changes in this release?
6.4 contains mostly backend changes, most of which aren't noticible to customers. This patch also contains fixes from the previous patch. Some of those changes included:
- Added full Windows 8 compatibility
- Added Firefox 16 compatibility
- Performance enhancements for Internet Explorer 10
- Fixed a Symantec Service Framework error that may have occurred when changing firewall rules (Norton forum thread)
- Fixed an issue where scanning large external hard drives showed only "1 file scanned"
- Fixed an issue where Identity Safe Cards fills the same locations for Country & County fields
If you have any questions, feel free to let us know on the forums!