Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
chris88

Computer freezing

Every time my computer goes idle, Norton starts performing background tasks (as indicated to me via a message in the right hand corner). It has never been a problem, but lately every time this happens my computer freezes. It will stay like this for hours and I have to force it to shut down. What is going on?

dickevans

Re: Computer freezing

chris88 wrote:

Every time my computer goes idle, Norton starts performing background tasks (as indicated to me via a message in the right hand corner). It has never been a problem, but lately every time this happens my computer freezes. It will stay like this for hours and I have to force it to shut down. What is going on?

Welcome,
Not quite sure what's happening. Can you give us some more details? Operating system, which tasks, any error message text, when you last scanned your system? You know, just the basics without getting personal.

Thanks

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
peterweb
Kudos: 1,357
Solutions: 340

Re: Computer freezing

[ Edited ]

In addition to Dick's info request, what version of 360 are you using? Support - About.

Be sure you have run LiveUpdate manually a few times, rebooting as necessary, until no updates are available.

Try clicking on Support - Get Support to run  Autofix to check your installation and fix what it finds.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.