Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
mollyjazz
Accepted Solution

Corporate office

Does anyone know an email address for Norton/Symantec corporate offices.  I have been fooling around with tech support/customer services for 2 months and no one can seem to fix my problem or give me a valid answer.  I paid for online back up when when I went to retrieve it (in mid-June) I couldn't.  FINALLY this week I received 9 disks w/all my info, but no explanation, no method to fix the Norton 360 on my computer, etc, etc, etc.  I'm tired of going thru tech support.

dickevans

Re: Corporate office

mollyjazz wrote:

Does anyone know an email address for Norton/Symantec corporate offices.  I have been fooling around with tech support/customer services for 2 months and no one can seem to fix my problem or give me a valid answer.  I paid for online back up when when I went to retrieve it (in mid-June) I couldn't.  FINALLY this week I received 9 disks w/all my info, but no explanation, no method to fix the Norton 360 on my computer, etc, etc, etc.  I'm tired of going thru tech support.

For email any of the moderators should get you as close to corporate as anything else available.

Symantec World Headquarters

350 Ellis Street
Mountain View, CA 94043
Phone: +1 650-527-8000

That's the corporate office address if it helps.

Mollyjazz,

Since everybody to date has failed to solve the problem would you care to give us a shot. We're neither paid employees nor otherwise connected. Except that many of us have been using Norton products for years and found ways to break the software so that the programmers are assured of job security. If you would tell us more about both your hardware and software then about your exact problem we might be able to help.

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
Contributor
mollyjazz

I have a HP computer, using Windows xp.  Not really sure what you need to know.  Can't access my data, Norton techs can't help.

delphinium
Kudos: 2,965
Solutions: 293

Hi mollyjazz:

What version of N360 are you using?  There should be a number starting with 5 under support>about.

Did you purchase a separate version of Norton Online Backup, or is this problem through N360 backup utilities only?

What error message are you getting that prevents you from accessing the online storage?

Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer.
Mark Twain
Contributor
mollyjazz

Norton 360 Premeir Edition  5.1.0.29

I purchased additional on line backup

I had to do a system recovery on my computer in mid=June b/c it crashed.  When I tried to restore the backed up online data, my computer kept freezing and it just would not restore it.  I fooled around w/Norton techs who tried everything.  They told my I was trying to restore too much info at once...etc.  Finally, after even they couldn't get it restored, they sent me 9 disks with all my info.  Explorer kept shutting down/freezing every time I tried to restore info from a disk  The back up would run for about 5 minutes then I'd get this error message:

Cannot create set 11\Drive_c\documents and settings\all users\documents\my pictures\Kodak pictures\3-31-2011\1001677.jpg

Read error in the file D:\2423444_Restore.part o1.exe

Norton casemanagers tried to restore it for me, couldn't do anything, said they had to refer it back to their development department.  This issues has been going on since mid-June. 

dickevans

mollyjazz wrote:

Norton 360 Premeir Edition  5.1.0.29

I purchased additional on line backup

I had to do a system recovery on my computer in mid=June b/c it crashed.  When I tried to restore the backed up online data, my computer kept freezing and it just would not restore it.  I fooled around w/Norton techs who tried everything.  They told my I was trying to restore too much info at once...etc.  Finally, after even they couldn't get it restored, they sent me 9 disks with all my info.  Explorer kept shutting down/freezing every time I tried to restore info from a disk  The back up would run for about 5 minutes then I'd get this error message:

Cannot create set 11\Drive_c\documents and settings\all users\documents\my pictures\Kodak pictures\3-31-2011\1001677.jpg

Read error in the file D:\2423444_Restore.part o1.exe

Norton casemanagers tried to restore it for me, couldn't do anything, said they had to refer it back to their development department.  This issues has been going on since mid-June. 

Hi,

Sorry to read that this is dragging on so long.

The reset/restore to the factory settings after the crash would have corrupted your 360. It will need to be removed and reinstalled before it will work properly. If this hasn't been done I'd suggest that you use the new remove and reinstall tool found here:

http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20110217171332EN

Be sure to save your identity safe information before you start.

Let us know if we can assist in any other way

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
delphinium

I think, rather than the restore and reinstall tool, because it has been well bunged up, there should be a saving of logins to the desktop, a complete removal through add/remove, and then using the stand alone removal tool followed by a reboot.

I would suggest a clean installation rather than what amounts to a repair installation.  Saving corrupted settings may not improve the situation. If the techs did a reinstall, I expect that the R&R tool would have been used.

http://www.symantec.com/symnrt

Mark Twain
Contributor
mollyjazz

I think the techs DID remove/restore 360, they put shortcuts on my desktop, they've done things thru remote and still can't get it back.  I appreciate the replies on here, but why can't the people at Norton figure this out.  Is there a problem with my computer?

delphinium

System restore does odd things in a computer.  It is not a drive image, in that when you say "put it back the way it was," not all files are changed.  Some files remain and some are gone.  Because of this, a system restore tends to break Norton and cause several things to not work correctly.  We also have no way of knowing what files were changed, and what files were not changed.  Windows doesn't share that with us.

Mark Twain
Contributor
mollyjazz

So what should I do or am I SOL?

I can't do system backups w/Norton either.