Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
clarkgp

Definitions Update

Running Norton on 2 computers and on my laptop it reminds me that my updates are over due. I have run the updates many times and it does not remove the reminder. It is now 207 days old. Its 187mb each time I run the update but still does not register. What is going wrong. Works ok on the PC.

Greg

Regular Contributor
intesec

Re: Definitions Update

Hi Clark

Do you restart the system after the download?

Have you or have you had any other security software on the system.  If so you need to go to the software’s main site and download the correct removal tool for the version of the security software you have or had.  First uninstall the security software with the windows add/remove programme then run the removal tool, then restart.  You might like to back up your personal data first.

ATB

intesec

yank
Kudos: 2,147
Solutions: 501

Re: Definitions Update

clarkgp wrote:

Running Norton on 2 computers and on my laptop it reminds me that my updates are over due. I have run the updates many times and it does not remove the reminder. It is now 207 days old. Its 187mb each time I run the update but still does not register. What is going wrong. Works ok on the PC.

Greg

Hi clarkgp,

Please verfify that your date, time and time zone are correct on your laptop - this can cause LiveUpdate to get confused and just about always show that the updates are overdue.

Let us know what you find.