Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
lobo

Disc optimisation

How can I turn disc optimisation off in 360 so that I can run the defrag in Win 7? I know that they do the same thing, but my computer has slowed right down and optimisation says that fragmentation is only 1% and therefor unnecessary. .

When I try to run defrag via Windows it won't run because 360 has taken this task over.
Norton Fighter
Krusty13

Re: Disc optimisation

Hi,

Open N360 and click Settings > Task Scheduling.  Uncheck the box in front of Disk Optimization.  Click Apply.  You may also want to go to Settings > Administrative Settings and move the Idol Time Optimizer to Off.  Click Apply.

Dave

W W W  =  Wild Wild West.    Be careful out there!

Contributor
dragonlord

Re: Disc optimization

Hi lobo,

Please try the following steps and see it solves your query.

1. In the N360 main UI, click Settings > Tasks Scheduling (under Detailed Settings).
  2. In the Automatic Tasks tab, uncheck Disk Optimization.
  3. Now try to run Disk Defragmenter.
  4. You should be getting a prompt saying another program is set for this function. Select the Remove Setting option.

You should be able to perform Disk Defragmenter now.

Hopefully these steps resolve your issue. Do let us know if it worked.

Regards

Live Long and Prosper :)
Visitor
lobo

Re: Disc optimisation

Thank you both for providing the solution. I'm now running Windows disc defrag to see if that speeds things up. Presumably I can reverse the process by going back into 360 settings?

Contributor
dragonlord

Re: Disc optimization

Hi lobo,

Sorry for the late reply. Yes,  you can reverse the setting by enabling the disk optimization option in Tuneup.

Regards

Live Long and Prosper :)