Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Super Contributor
notusedupyet
Accepted Solution

Do My Subscription days add on if I buy a cheaper copy?

My Subscription expires in 27 days. If I had allowed Norton to automatically renew it would have cost me $79.99 with renewal costs. (Whatever that is) I found I could buy Norton 360 here for $49.99. My question is if I buy it now will it add my 27 days to the subscription or will it be as if it were a new install (still using my Activation key) and only give me 365 days instead of 392days. Or should I wait until my subscription is closer to expiring.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.
-Albert Einstein-
dickevans

Re: Do My Subscription days add on if I buy a cheaper copy?

notusedupyet wrote:

My Subscription expires in 27 days. If I had allowed Norton to automatically renew it would have cost me $79.99 with renewal costs. (Whatever that is) I found I could buy Norton 360 here for $49.99. My question is if I buy it now will it add my 27 days to the subscription or will it be as if it were a new install (still using my Activation key) and only give me 365 days instead of 392days. Or should I wait until my subscription is closer to expiring.

Hi,
Buying a new copy of the product to save money is wise. Installing the key before you are within a very few days of the current subscription expiring will cost you the remaining days. There have been reports of users contacting customer support and getting them to add the lost days back. There is no requirement for them to do this but you can contact them and ask.

http://www.norton.com/chat

Do not install the new product, just install the new key whenthe time comes.

Keep us posted

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
Norton Fighter
Krusty13

Hi,

No, the remaining days will not be added to the new subscription.  It's best to wait until you only have a day or two remaining before entering your new Product Key.  Although Customer Support may be able to do us a good turn and add those days back if we enter the new key early., but no promises.

Can I suggest you sign in to your Norton Account and make sure Auto-renewal is disabled so that you don't get charged by mistake?

Dave

W W W  =  Wild Wild West.    Be careful out there!

Super Contributor
notusedupyet

I have disabled the Auto renewal.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.
-Albert Einstein-