Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
petherf

Do i need enything more than Norton 360?

Hi all!

I have been a subscriber for this product a couple of years now, and it has serve its purpose at least till now.

I got that police page that look my pc and after a lot of problem i have to format to get rid of the trojan.

Norton just get me a lot of messages and did not manage to solv my virus or trojan problems.

I have now on try out malmware bytes anti-malmware but dont like to pay extra for a new product when Norton cost me about 100$ per year and then another 50$ for a new product when Norton should clear most of the threats self.

BTW I have trouble to subscribe to this forum  because it dont like my last name!

My last name is **bleep**erström and it says that **bleep** is a bad name!  Ok i know what **bleep** is but in my language my name means  fine+ power, so i could now called me finepower insted of **bleep**erström!!

Visitor
petherf

Re: Do i need enything more than Norton 360?

Ok, this is the first site that"bleep "my name.

You know there is more  than Us and English people that use Norton products.

I think it sucks period.

yank
Kudos: 2,048
Solutions: 468

Hi petherf,

You do not need to purchase Malwarebytes-AntiMalware.  There is a free version which can be used as an addtional on demand scanner and plays nicely with Norton products.  The MBAM you mention is the Pro version and runs all the time and can conflict with Norton.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

FWIW,  yank is only part of my original user name - the first 4 letters were removed because someone found it offensive.  The bleep comes from what I call the Nanny filter - you know words your nanny (grandmother) would not like for you to say. 

Visitor
petherf

Thank you for the reply!

I have the free version of malmvare right now.

And about my name ,you should know that some of the English names is so silly in swedish.

P*e*t*e*r F*a*g*e*s*t*o*m

yank
Kudos: 2,048
Solutions: 468

petherf wrote:

Thank you for the reply!

I have the free version of malmvare right now.

And about my name ,you should know that some of the English names is so silly in swedish.

P*e*t*e*r F*a*g*e*s*t*o*m

Yup - that's the nanny filter's silliness!  :smileysurprised:

Regular Contributor
Christian_Gamer

I like the way Norton 360 keeps my computer protected.  I would say that Norton 360 is all you need if you are not trying to challenge cybersecurity professionals.  I use other software besides Norton 360 myself, and right now I have them disabled.  Most of them Norton 360 still runs fine with no problems, but some of them override it.  However, from what I can tell Norton 360 through Symantec can still monitor my computer for known threats to it.

I was at a website the other day that scans your NIC showing you what your IP address is.  This took that site about 20 seconds with just Norton 360 on, and all of my other software disabled.  I disconnected from the site, and enabled all of my software programs.  I went back to the site, and it couldn't find my IP address.  I let it run for about 45 minutes while I was doing other stuff.

Norton 360 should be enough to keep your computer secure as long as you are careful with what you do.  There are some simple functions that you can do to add more security to your computer also.  I will list some of the these functions below, and how to enable them:

Function 1-Enabling ActiveX Filtering

1.  Press Alt.

2.  Press T.

3.  Press X.

Function 2-Enabling InPrivate Browsing

1.  Press Ctrl+Shift+P.

2.  Click on the address bar at the top of the new window to type in a website.

3.  Press Enter to go to that website.  You should see a blue box to the left of your address bar that says InPrivate.

Function 3-Configuring Pop-Up Blocking

1.  Press Alt.

2.  Press T.

3.  Press P.

4.  Press P.

5.  Click on the droplist menu under Blocking level:.

6.  Click on High if it is not already highlighted.

7.  Press Enter to activate it at the new Blocking level.

These are 3 things that you can do to make your online activities more secure.  I hope this helps.