Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Lag504

Error 8504 100

I keep getting this error message and have followed nortons instructions with the removal tool and it keeps occurring. Not only does it stop norton working but it stops the whole computer. I've paid a lot of money for a product that's causing me nothing but grief!!! I'd appreciate any help
DavidThomas88
Topics: 133
Kudos: 51
Solutions: 20

Re: Error 8504 100

hi

what  window do you have  do  you have window XP SP 3  window vista SP 2 or window 7 SP 1

all so  what verson of  norton 360 do you have  plzs  go too about

Lag504

I have windows 7 and the latest version of norton 360
yank
Kudos: 2,063
Solutions: 470

Lag504 wrote:
I keep getting this error message and have followed nortons instructions with the removal tool and it keeps occurring. Not only does it stop norton working but it stops the whole computer. I've paid a lot of money for a product that's causing me nothing but grief!!! I'd appreciate any help

Hi Lag504,

Is this the instrucions you followed?

https://www-secure.symantec.com/norton-support/jsp/help-solutions.jsp?utm_source=symc&utm_medium=pro...

I not then tell us exactly which instructions you followed.  For example - uninstalled via Control Panel, ran the Norton removal Tool and tried to reinstall etc.

If so and no joy, then please click on Sup[port and the  Get Support from the dropdown menu.  Let it scan you system and see if there is anything it can fix.

We'll be waiting on your answers.

Lag504

That's the link I followed and have done 3 or more time as the error keeps occurring. I've also just followed that link and norton hasn't reinstalled once it's turn on leaving my computer at risk.
yank
Kudos: 2,063
Solutions: 470

Lag504 wrote:
That's the link I followed and have done 3 or more time as the error keeps occurring. I've also just followed that link and norton hasn't reinstalled once it's turn on leaving my computer at risk.

OK thanks for the info - have you tried the Support and then Get Support?  Did the scan turnup anything?  If you have tried it with no joy, then I would suggest a clean insatll of N 360 as follows:

If you use Identity Safe for your Logins, please back it up (export) the data so it can be Restored (Imported) after you install a fresh copy of N 360.

Please remove the copy of N 360 you have installed, using the Control Panel uninstall via Add/Remove or Programs & Features.

Download and run the Norton Remvoal Tool once and reboot after it is completed. The NRT can be found here: https://www-secure.symantec.com/norton-support/jsp/help-solutions.jsp?docid=kb20080710133834EN_EndUs...

Download a fresh copy and install:

www.norton.com/n360s_6  or www.norton.com/n360p_6  dependent on which edition you are running (Standare or Premiere)

Once installation is complete, open N 360 and manually Run LiveUpdate as many times as necessary for it to respond "no more updates found". If a reboot is requested, reboot and then continue to Run LiveUpdate until it responds "no more updates found" and then reboot one last time.

Once totally updated, don't forget to Restore/Import your ID Safe data.

Just for imformational purposes, the Norton Removal Tool is a different tool than the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool you previously ran.  It is used in the case of a failed or corrupted install.

Please keep us posted.

Symantec Employee
HarryP

Which was the previous security product you used?

Do you have any programs installed from Rapport or Trend micro?

Do you have any other security products other than Norton?

Thanks,

HarryP