Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
RachelH

Error 8504, 104

When I went to go on the internet I received a message that Google Chrome was not working, it said that it could be an error with my antivirus.  Then I found that my Norton 360 was not working, it gave me the error code 8504, 104.  I have tried rebooting my computer yet this did not work.  I then tried to uninstall Norton but I am unable to do so.  I tried using the Norton Removal Tool but this also came up as error. 

How can I remove Norton from my computer?

Thanks

Rachel

Dinesh_Bhalaji
Kudos: 28
Solutions: 10

Re: Error 8504, 104

Hi RachelH,

Hello and Welcome Norton Forums.

Can you let us know if you get any error msg when you try to uninstall the Norton from add/remove programs or what happens. Also you said that the Norton removal tool is not working. Can you let us know what happens.

Also you can use the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool to uninstall and reinstall the Norton (www.norton.com/rr)

Please let us know if you have any issues

Regards,

Dinesh Bhalaji
RachelH

When I try to uninstall Norton using the add/remove programs I do not receive any messages at all, it doesn't appear to react when I try it.  

When using the Norton removal tool, it says "error" and recommends that I remove Norton manually, but I do not know how to do that.

Thanks

Dinesh_Bhalaji
Kudos: 28
Solutions: 10

Hi RachelH,

Try to use the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool (www.norton.com/rr)

Please let us know if you have any issues

Regards,

Dinesh Bhalaji