Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
elcid89
Accepted Solution

Export Identity Safe Password List

I have so many logins and passwords in Identity Safe, that I would like to be able to print them or export the to Excel, so I can have them available in the event that my Norton crashes, which we all know happens. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks!

Norton Fighter
mdturner

Re: Export Identity Safe Password List

[ Edited ]

Welcome to the Norton Community

Go to Identity Protection>Manage Identity Protection>Backup Identity Safe Data>Configure

You may have to scroll down on this last page to see Backup Identity Safe

Message Edited by mdturner on 08-25-2009 08:36 PM

We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace. ~William Ewart Gladstone

Volunteer
Vineeth

You can find the steps to backup and restore Identity Safe data in the following document.

http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20080612140324EN

Vineeth--

elcid89

I understand how to backup and restore the .npm file. What I would like to do is to have an ability to export my list of 200 or so logins and passwords into Excel or Word.
Volunteer
yogesh_mohan

Currently, there is no option available in Norton program to view the login/passwords or to export it to Excel/Word. But, if the subscription gets expired, you can use COExport.exe file to view the log-ins/password. The instructions to use this file is mentioned in the following Symantec Support Article:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nco.nsf/docid/2006111409292477

elcid89

So I have to let my subscription expire in order to get a working list of my data? Not sure I am happy about that, but I guess I have no choice.

Thanks!

Volunteer
yogesh_mohan

Many users have asked for the feature to view the log-ins/passwords and that suggestion has been forwarded to Symantec to include this in future releases. Hope, Symantec may work on this in future products.