Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
kenzalina

FBI - scam virus

Hello, I have Norton 360, a Dell desktop with Windows Vista.

My husband found computer totally locked up upon startup.  I did go into safemode and picked a prior date for system restore, yet I'm sure it is still on the computer. 

Would you please advise the next steps to take to get rid of this for good?

Thank you for any help you can pass along.

Bot Obliterator
Quads

Re: FBI - scam virus

I am not doing this system, someone else can.

Good Luck

Quads

sowapatty

You will definitely need an Anti-Malware program to completely remove all of the infection from the computer. My husband just got that same scam "FBI moneypak" last week. It took almost forever for me to completely remove it all because his computer wouldn't use a restore point.  I ended up going online from my PC and got MalWareBytes and it completely removed the infected files.

Good Luck

Patty

Bot Obliterator
Quads

sowapatty wrote:

You will definitely need an Anti-Malware program to completely remove all of the infection from the computer. My husband just got that same scam "FBI moneypak" last week. It took almost forever for me to completely remove it all because his computer wouldn't use a restore point.  I ended up going online from my PC and got MalWareBytes and it completely removed the infected files.

Good Luck

Patty

Only for those who don't know what they are really doing.

I enjoy infecting my system with easier stuff, it is more relaxing

Quads

Ryangoboomboom

I wanna know how 2 get it off my computer but all these other people are confusing me could u please tell me how 2 take the virus off cuz ive had norton for 5 years. i saw the same virus thing on the news they say that u most take it to an expert to get it off or can i really take it off. i dont trust all these other people i dont trust

Bot Obliterator
Quads

Please Start your own thread

Quads

Visitor
pord2548

reboot your computer and as it is starting tap F8 repeatedly but not rapidly. This will give you the option to choose "safe mode". select it. You shoulkd be able to open your browser then and download "Malwarebytes program from the internet. Run it and it WILL detect and give you the option to click and remove the threat. It works.

Bot Obliterator
Quads

You can remove the one on the system where they have no advanced options and so no Safe Mode.

Good Luck

Quads