Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Regular Visitor
panhead

File shredder

I read that N-360 could finally shred files.  I purchased/installed N-360 but cannot fine this feature in tune up or elsewhere.  Can N-360 shred files?

dickevans

Re: File shredder

panhead wrote:

I read that N-360 could finally shred files.  I purchased/installed N-360 but cannot fine this feature in tune up or elsewhere.  Can N-360 shred files?

Welcome,

I'm not sure about 360 but I know that that feature is in the Norton Utilities

Keep us posted

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
Norton Fighter
Krusty13

As Dick said, the File Shredder is a feature of Norton Utilities and not Norton 360.

Symantec offer a 60 day refund policy you might like to investigate.  Customer Support should be able to help.

www.norton.com/chat

You could ask them about a deal for Norton Internet Security + Norton Utilities.

W W W  =  Wild Wild West.    Be careful out there!

Regular Visitor
panhead

Thanks.   Funny.  I contacted support via chat and was told that Norton does not have anything to shred files.  I asked the agent to have someone from sales team contact me via email with a suggested solution for this rather mundane function that my McAfee handles just fine on my other PC.  My objective is to use one product for both of my machines to save money, but if I need to buy multiple products from Norton then McAfee starts to look better.  Hoping to stick with Norton though.

Regular Visitor
panhead

After further investigation one Norton agent said Norton has no shredding solution, but today another agent said that Norton 360 does shred files. I said I can't find that function, and he said N-360 cannot shred specific files that that N-360 PC Tuneup function "file cleanup" automatically shreds temp files.  I asked if this would shred temp files, screen shots, passwords, etc., which I assume would include screen shots, passwords, etc.  He said run File Cleanup and Registry Cleanup to meet my needs. 

So some reason I'm not quite 100% confident in Norton response.  Perhaps users may know more than and agent script will reveal?  Hoping so.  I hope I don't need to buy an additional product just to shred files.  Any insight will be much appreciated. 

Thank you.

Norton Fighter
Krusty13

Norton 360 can delete Internet Explorer History, Internet Explorer Temporary Files and Windows Temporary files with the aim of reducing clutter on your hard drive.

Norton Utilities has a feature designed especially to Shred Files with privacy in mind.

I believe the above to be true and correct.

I hope that helps to clarify your question.

W W W  =  Wild Wild West.    Be careful out there!