01-11-2009 01:07 PM
Hello - I just installed 360 on a laptop with XP and "server" with Vista; I need to run a program (home automation stuff) on the laptop and need to do this:
No configuration is required other than to ensure that the ports 7000 and broadcast port UDP 55402 are open on all firewalls and routers. You may have to reboot after making these firewall / antivirus permissions settings for them to come into effect.
I have tried to add those ports in the firewall settings in a new traffic rule with no luck. Not sure if I've provided enough info for this to help but any ideas? I've actually turned off the Norton firewall and it still doesn't work - all other network operations work fine. Thanks
01-11-2009 10:09 PM
Check the steps below to create a rule as per the specifications you have provided:
1. Start Norton 360.
2. Click Settings.
3. Click Firewall Protection.
4. On the General Rules tab, click Add.
5. Click Permit, and then click Next.
6. Click Connections to and from other computers, and then click Next.
7. Click Only Specific Computer or Web sites listed below and then click Add.
8. Select Individually, enter the Ip address of the server computer and click Ok.
9. Click Next.
10. Click Only the types of communication or ports listed below and then click Add.
11. In the Specify Ports window, be sure the Individually specified ports and Remote option buttons are selected. In the port entry field below, enter 7000,55402.
12. Click OK, and then click Next.
13. Type the description of the network into the box, and then click Next.
12. Click Finish.
14. Select the new firewall rule for the network in the list and click Move Up until the rule is listed at the top of the list.
15. Click Apply and then click Close.
Let us know the results.