Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Regular Visitor
rickwackernagel

Free online storage

I don't see "Free online storage" listed as an option in Manage Backup Sets anymore.  It was there before I installed the V6 beta.  That expired, and I re-installed V5.  When I first ran backup, to my flash drive, I created a 6 GB backup file, instead of the 800 MB I had been creating, with fewer folders included.

huwyngr
Topics: 1,042
Kudos: 2,888
Solutions: 383

Re: Free online storage

<< .  It was there before I installed the V6 beta.  That expired, and I re-installed V5. >>

The reason you  are begged not to install and try out betas on "production" machines and to reinstall the operating system clean between versions under test is that betas change, operate differently and are likely to leave traces behind them which will upset the next beta version that comes along ..... and that is just as likely to be true if you repalce a beta with a released version.

My recollection of the beta is that it does not have any free online storage so probably you are stuck with some of that code.

Would you please tell us what version of Windows you are using and how you removed the beta before installing the retail version again.

Do you have an image of your hard drive from before you first tried the beta and had V5 installed?

Hugh