Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
seyimiak

Free update to Norton 360 4.0

I got a msg from this email address Norton <reply@nortonfromsymantec.com> asking me to update to upgrade for free to Norton 360 version 4.0. Could you please confirm that this email is genuine or not?

Super Spam Squasher
cgoldman

Re: Free update to Norton 360 4.0

It may be genuine. However, I do not have the email you actually received. So I suggest if you want a free upgrade you Select the url for your version from below:

Norton 360 v4 Standard: www.norton.com/n360s_4

Norton 360 v4 Premier: www.norton.com/n360p_4

then apply the product key that you already have.

Click If you found a post useful or worthy then please click the Kudos Star.

If you are the original poster and your problem has been resolved or answered to your satisfaction, select “Accept as Solution” on the post that best resolved your issue. In this way others will know that a solution was found against your posted issue. Thanks.

huwyngr
Topics: 1,034
Kudos: 2,820
Solutions: 376

seyimiak wrote:

I got a msg from this email address Norton <reply@nortonfromsymantec.com> asking me to update to upgrade for free to Norton 360 version 4.0. Could you please confirm that this email is genuine or not?

In response to an earlier enquiry about this we have had confirmation that that email is licit and is from Norton.

However I suggest that you download directly from the Norton website that most of us here use:

New N360 V4:

Click on the link that matches your version:

Norton 360 v4 Standard: www.norton.com/n360s_4  <<== This one comes with 2 GB of online storage

Norton 360 v4 Premier: www.norton.com/n360p_4<<== This one comes with 25 GB of online storage

Make sure you download the one corresponding to your product since the KEYs are not interchangable.

To get you the best advice, would you give us some more information about your system before you start on this.

What version of Windows are you using including Service Packs and whether 32 bit or 64 bit as well as the Version ID of the Norton product that you are using -- Help / About is where that is, in the format of nn.nn.nn.nnn 

Do you have any settings on your existing installation that you want to preserve -- like Identity Safe data?

Hugh
dbrisendine
Kudos: 1,294
Solutions: 263

It is geniune.  You can follow the directions in the email and the installation will keep your settings and keys and Identity Safe data and apply this to your updated N360 program.

Win7 x32 SP1