05-29-2011 02:29 PM
I have (perhaps I should say "had") 3 licenses for Norton 360 for two years and had N360 V4 operating just fine. When I received a Norton popup for FREE upgrade (it turned out to be only a 30-day trial version although the popup didn't state that) to V5 I thought I'd take advantage - but that was a big mistake! It downloaded okay but I suddenly got a message stating my product key was fraudulaent and my subscription was immediately revoked on all three of my computers!! Now I have a "30-day Trial Version of V5" that I could care less about at this point and more than year's worth of subscription to V4 that I've lost access to. I've had no success with on-line customer support thus far. I have a PayPay receipt from the company I purchased it from that includes the serial number and product key that worked just fine 9 months ago - but now it's fraudlaent!?!
My frustration with this product and this company's customer service is HUGE at this time. Any suggestions on how to rectify my problem?
05-29-2011 03:05 PM
Did you purchase it from a site like eBay? We have had many users coming to the Forum who bought their Norton products on sites like eBay and then get burned some time later when the key does turn out to be already in use or doesn't give the total time left cause it had been used by someone else.
Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.
05-29-2011 03:39 PM - edited 05-29-2011 03:42 PM
First please contact Customer Support. The easiest and fastest way is the free Online Chat:
They can solve any activation / licensing problems in seconds. :)
Once you have talked with Customer Support, and your serial is working fine again, you should do a cleaning installation of Norton 360 version 5:
Here are the steps:
1. If you use the feature, please backup your Identity Safe data (Settings -> Identity Protection -> Backup)
2. Download latest Norton 360 installer:
- www.norton.com/n360s_5 Standard with 2GB Online Storage
- www.norton.com/n360p_5 Premier with 25GB Online Storage
- www.norton.com/n360sne_5 Standard Netbook Edition with 2GB Online Storage
- www.norton.com/n360pne_5 Premier Netbook Edition with 25GB Online Storage
- for other languages than English please go to the Norton Update Center: www.norton.com/nuc
3. Download Norton Removal Tool: www.norton.com/nrt
4. Disconnect from internet
5. Remove Norton 360 from Start Menu or from Control Panel -> Add or Remove programs
7. Run the Norton Removal Tool, reboot (repeat it 2-3 times)
8. Install Norton 360 version 5 with the downloaded installer
9. Reconnect to the internet
10. Activate Norton 360 version 5
11. Run Live Update until you get no new updates
12. Restore your Identity Safe data (Settings ->Identity Protection -> Restore)
You can check how the Norton Removal Tool works in this video.
Let us know the results.
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x64 Hungarian, Norton 360 v220.127.116.11, Norton Utilities 16