Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
jer
Visitor
jer

Gold edition activation denied

[ Edited ]

im thick...but ive bought a new computer [along with norton] but now cant find How to download the norton programme...all i got with the asus was an activation code...i tried norton ,but guess what ,i have been palmed off to this forum

is there no such thing as a straight answer.....please?

[Edit: Clarify subject]

delphinium
Kudos: 2,965
Solutions: 293

Re: Activation Denied

We need to know what version of Norton your key will activate.  There is Norton Antivirus, Norton Internet Security, and two versions of N360. Let us know which one you need.

Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer.
Mark Twain
jer
Visitor
jer

right....[profanity rising]....norton 360 netbook,edition3,gold editionversion5.0...inside leg measurement 30"[shows you my age]

anything else?

huwyngr
Topics: 1,034
Kudos: 2,820
Solutions: 376

jeer,

<< norton 360 netbook,edition3,gold editionversion5.0...  >>

Are you in the UK?  Did you buy from PCWorld?

I'm asking because we have had several users with problems activating Gold under those circumstances.

Hugh
Volunteer
yogesh_mohan

Re: Gold edition activation denied

Please download and install Norton 360 Gold Edition from the following Symantec KB:

http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=v62829868_EndUserProfile_en_u...

Then use the Product Key from the CD box you have purchased. Let us know the results.

Yogesh

jer
Visitor
jer

dear hugh and yogi..............

yes it was pc world............i see no obvious reason that could be a problem...it is reputable.....so! il try your suggestions

why this is all so difficult lengthy and obtuse is completely beyond me

its like norton/sym...something or other dont like selling their safety solutions....and this has taken dddaaayyss too..the trojans are at the door and their horse looks v nice[oh no it was the other mob that built the horse]

jer
Visitor
jer

hmmm...well -plenty of"stuff"downloaded...the source ids werent brilliant but it apppppears i have norton

no activation code given............that IS wierd.....ive got to go now but will check downloads later     2-3 new screen shortcuts have appeared....so-thank you for now ...at least i know where to come

huwyngr
Topics: 1,034
Kudos: 2,820
Solutions: 376

jer,

Thanks for confirming that you got it from PCWorld -- as an ex-UK inhabitant I know who and what they are and have no problem but in the past month or so two users have come online here with problems installing and activating the Norton 360 Gold that they bought from PCWorld .... the Gold version is not sold everywhere and at the moment it looks like it is mostly on sale in the UK.

The problem of one user was that they bought the Norton 360 GOLD with a netbook and it came on a CD ..... and they were stuck on how to install it since the netbooks don't have CD drives and he did not have an external CD drive.

For another user I don't think we ever heard back after saying to contact PCWorld if they KEY did not work ......

Norton does not wany users to have a hard time which is one reason they set up these Forums but when you consider how many variables there are in computer systems world wide and then add in the different versions of Norton products it is not surprising that problems do crop up ...... and the Forums have a good track record of helping users to fix them, if they are patient.

So please follow the suggestiions and let us know how you get on.

Yogesh gave you the link in answer to your question on how to Download the N 360 Gold Edition so please do it that way. It should install and start off with a trial period of 15 - 30 days during which it is fully functional and not crippled. Then we can sort out the activation with the KEY you got from PCWorld.

One question I don't see asked and so not answered is:

New computers usually have any other security software on it in a trail version. If so what is it; if there was and did you remove it? If so how did you do that?

Apart from the normal uninstalling nearly every security program has a special cleanup tool on its website that you can download and run after the normal install. Let us know first and we can point you to the right tools to use including one for Norton products if there was one installed.

Plea be patient with all the questions but we can't see your computer .... 

Hugh