02-07-2012 08:29 PM
My daughters computer is infected with the Win 7 Security 2012 virus. I purchased Norton 360. It will not let me download.
I can sign in, but when I hit download, i get a "content advisor" message and cannot go any further.
What can I do ?
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-07-2012 09:08 PM
You will need to deal with the rogue AV program before trying to install Norton on an infected machine. Please follow the steps outlined at Bleepingcomputer for removing the threat and repairing the collateral damage:
02-08-2012 02:10 AM - edited 02-08-2012 02:11 AM
Content Advisor is a feature of Internet Explorer, do you remember the password for the Content Advisor ?
If you don't remember it follow the Instructions below to remove the Password:
1) Click on Start and choose Run (Press win key + r).
2) Type in RegEdit and select OK.
3) Now click on the little plus sign to the left of H_KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
4) Continue to drill down, always clicking on the plus sign at the left of the named key, through Software, Microsoft, Windows, Current Version and Policies.
5) Now click on the Ratings folder.
6) In the right pane of the RegEdit window, you'll see an icon called Key. Click on it and press Delete.
7) Next, choose Registry and then Exit to exit RegEdit. You've just deleted your original Content Advisor password.
8) Restart the computer and run Internet Explorer again.
9) Click on Tools (Press Alt + T ), Internet Options.
10) Click on the Content tab and click on Disable. When asked for a password, don't enter anything; just click on OK. This will disable Content Advisor because there's no longer a password.
02-08-2012 10:19 PM - edited 02-08-2012 10:20 PM
Very glad to hear that you had solved the Content Advisor problem....
Did you successfully installed N360 ? Did you ran a scan ?