08-26-2011 10:14 PM
I recently bought Norton 360 v5.0, however it is refusing to install on my PC.
Basically when I run the disk and click "Install Norton 360", all I get is a window popping up telling me "An error occurred while trying to install Norton 360" and the install closes down.
From what I can tell the PC meets the minimum system requirements (XP, service pack 3, 2.2Ghz, 2Ghz ram, plenty of hard disk space available).
The software installed fine on my laptop so I don't think there's an issue with the disk (total 3 installs allowed).
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-26-2011 10:29 PM
you should try to download the program from here:
1. Download latest Norton 360 installer:
- www.norton.com/n360s_5 Standard with 2GB Online Storage
- www.norton.com/n360p_5 Premier with 25GB Online Storage
- www.norton.com/n360sne_5 Standard Netbook Edition with 2GB Online Storage
- www.norton.com/n360pne_5 Premier Netbook Edition with 25GB Online Storage
- for other languages than English please go to the Norton Update Center: www.norton.com/nuc
2. If there's a previous AV / security product on the machine, remove it /usually security products have Removal Tools, please run them as well after you run the uninstaller program, that can leave some trash after the uninstall, removal tools clear those out/
3. Install Norton 360 version 5 with the downloaded installer
4. Activate Norton 360 version 5
5. Run Live Update until you get no new updates
Let us know the results.
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 x64 Hungarian, Norton 360 v18.104.22.168, Norton Utilities 16