Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
labix

How do I get Norton to IGNORE files it thinks are viruses?

[ Edited ]

I have a net drive and Norton scanned it and thinks there are like 1000 virues in some zip files.   Norton is WRONG.  First I did not want to scan those but did not know about how to exclude them.  That drive is now excluded, but norton will n ot forget about those 1000 files and so it keeps warning me again and again about them, with a list of 1000 how can I tell if it actually found ONE NEW one?  So I can't use the program until I can get it to foget and ignore that scan history.

On the options it just says rescan.  But when I tried that it hangs.  I cannot even change them to ignore one at a time, which would suck **bleep** to do, but even then the only option is DELETE or RESCAN neither of which I wish.

HOW THE HECK DO I STOP THIS **bleep** PROGRAM ???

[edit: Please refrain from using vulgarity per the Participation Guidelines and Terms of Service.]

PapauZ
Topics: 392
Kudos: 1,025
Solutions: 374

Re: How do I get Norton to IGNORE files it thinks are viruses?

Hi,

can we ask what kind of files are stored in that zip file? It is really strange that Norton detects so many threats in that single file...

Windows 8.1 Embedded Industry Pro x64 Hungarian, Norton 360 v21.3.0.12

Visitor
labix

Do not be conserned about the type of files. I am not.  I do not care why Norton thinks they are viruses, that is not the problem.  The problem is how to I make the god forsaken program FORGET that is founf them and just go on about its business.  I do not care if they ARE ALL viruses. I have excluded the drive from future scans. I am simply stuck with the old pop up warning everytime I reboot or just sit for some time and it "reminds" me that I have these 1000+ unresolved issues.

I do NOT want to "resolve" them automatically when the only option it gives me is to rescan or delete. I want them to IGNORE. Period.  Thanks.

Visitor
labix

One more point to make clear. It is not "a" file. It is "a" drive with hundreds of thousands of files.  Some few thousand of which Norton believes are infected exe files.  They are not and even if they really were, I want Norton to both never look again, which I have set properly and I need Norton to forget it saw them and stop asking me to reslove them, or gove me the option to ignore those it did find.

Visitor
labix

BTTT.

So no one know how to remove files from a scan?  And no real tech help is here right?  Just users who may or may not give a care?  Great... I won't be renewing my subscription. There are plenty of other anti virus aps out there. Maybe they care.

SendOfJive
Kudos: 4,881
Solutions: 782

Hi labix,

Open Norton Security History and select to show Unresolved Security Risks.  If your files are shown there, click the button to Clear Entries.