Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
jim076

How do I remove computers from Backup?

I want to stop using Norton Backup and remove any files that are saved there. I tried doing this through the nobu.backup.com website, which has the option to remove computers. On the homepage, all of my computers show up and I have the option to restore files. However, when I click on the "remove computer" link, none of my computers show up and all I have is an arrow that says "Done." How do I get my computers to show up so I can remove them?
PapauZ
Topics: 392
Kudos: 1,025
Solutions: 374

Re: How do I remove computers from Backup?

Open the 360 main window, and go to the Backup Settings. On the Where page if you click on the location you backed up your files (so in your case on the online storage's icon), and in the left bottom of the window you can see an option: Delete previous backup sets. Here you can delete all previous backup files.
Then to turn off Backup, open the 360 main window, click on the upper section on Settings. On the Settings window in the right side uncheck Backup and Backup Overlays, and this way backup is fully turned off.

Windows 8.1 Embedded Industry Pro x64 Hungarian, Norton 360 v21.3.0.12

Visitor
jim076

I only see the option to delete individual files on that tab. In the Summary tab it gives me the option to delete backup sets, but it won't let me delete the set because it says its my only Backup Set. 
Yaso_Kuuhl
Kudos: 1,438
Solutions: 528

Hi jim076,

You cannot delete all your backup sets or files from your online storage if you have Norton 360 v2; is this the version you have?

Visitor
jim076

No, I have version 3.0. I am considering taking legal action if I can't fix this problem soon. I have spent much too long on what should be a simple action.
Yaso_Kuuhl

[ Edited ]

jim076,

Sorry to hear about your issues. According to this thread (the poster of that thread had the same problem as you and could not completely purge his online storage), you will have to contact a Symantec employee to delete all your backup sets. Please send an e-mail to Tony Weiss with the following details:

-OS running on your machine

-your Norton 360 version

-your Norton account information

-the issue you are experiencing (not being able to delete all your backup sets)

Tony will be able to help you clean out everything for you. From all the other threads I have read, this is the only way to do it. 

Message Edited by Yaso_Kuuhl on 09-12-2009 06:41 PM
Visitor
jim076

Thanks, I will contact Tony. Why is it so difficult to do something as simple as deleting files?
Yaso_Kuuhl

No idea; I don't use Norton 360, am using a NIS product...please post back to tell us how it goes :-) Tony will help you :-D

Super Keylogger Crusher
richfed

This is a definite issue. It is extremely slow and tedious to have to remove backups folder by folder, or even file by file. The one reason I use 360 over NIS is because of the backup feature. Using Windows 7, and with all the Norton betas I have been using since May, I decided to start fresh with the backups now that 360 is officially Windows 7-compatible. First time I attempted removal of backups. What a surprise!!! I've contacted Tony, but no response as of yet. Must be the weekend!! :)
Yaso_Kuuhl

[ Edited ]

Yes, and the names in red are probably resting after the unleashing of the 2.11 patch AND the Norton 2010 products. They're bound to be back in action tomorrow ;-D

Please post back to tell us whether your problem got solved, richfed :-)

Message Edited by Yaso_Kuuhl on 09-13-2009 04:18 PM