Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
SachinShekhar
Accepted Solution

How to get Norton extension for Chrome

Today, I've upgraded from Norton Internet Security 2012 to Norton 360 v5. After upgrade, the Chrome extension is gone. Now, I am unable to find Norton ratings on Google Search page. I am unable to access Identity Protection too.

Please, help..

Sachin Shekhar
Intel Core i7 840QM CPU, ATI Mobility Raedon HD 5470 GPU, 6GB RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit, Norton 360 v5
yank
Kudos: 2,248
Solutions: 512

Re: How to get Norton extension for Chrome

Norton 360 is actually a 2011 product.  2011 products did not support Chrome.  So the answer is you have to use NIS 2012 in order to be ableto use Chrome - or go to another browser.

DistEd2
Kudos: 412
Solutions: 81

Hi, SachinShekhar,

Welcome  to our community!

Unfortunately, since Norton Internet Security (NIS) is a subset of Norton 360, the annual version updates roll out for NIS a few months sooner than for 360. In this case, what that means is that you temporarily lost some of the new features that are rolling out with the 2012 versions, including Chrome support.

You'll get all of this back in Chrome in a few months. For now, you should still have access to these features in Internet Explorer or in Firefox--including, from the sound of what you did, all your Identity Safe cards & logins that you may have set up.

Regular Contributor
donna3154

I am also in between...have just AV and am going to upgrade to NIS.

Safe Web Lite was suggested to me and I use that on Chrome.  It's very easy to download and use.  After you download it, just "favorite" it, and you can sign on to sites with the Norton "safety checkmark".  Plus, you can use it on all browsers...it's not an addon, but rather a "site" you fav and can use in any browser you're on.

It's something to use, until you get your upgrade.

Contributor
SachinShekhar

Great... Thanks!

Sachin Shekhar
Intel Core i7 840QM CPU, ATI Mobility Raedon HD 5470 GPU, 6GB RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit, Norton 360 v5
DistEd2
Kudos: 412
Solutions: 81

[ Edited ]

Safe Web Lite is a great addition to Norton's pro bono (free!) offerings! It's a great way to achieve an enhanced degree of security--closer, though not equal, to Norton Internet Security or Norton 360--for those with a more basic (and thus less expensive) security product, like Norton Antivirus.

Thought it worth putting in a link to download here:  http://safeweb.norton.com/lite

yank
Kudos: 2,248
Solutions: 512

Actually, donna got the idea from the Other Products Board  :smileywink:  But I am glad she shared it!

http://community.norton.com/t5/Other-Norton-Products/Norton-Safe-Web-Required-Download-for-Each-Brow...

Regular Contributor
donna3154

Yep, I did Yank.  I said it was suggested to me, but I'm all over on here and couldn't remember which board.:smileyhappy:  I like it, it highlights the safe sites, even without typing in the Norton bar on IE and FF (when they work!..lol)  I'm on Chrome now, so have to use my fav'd Safe Web Lite.

Thanks for the suggestion!  Another layer of protection is welcome for those of us still using older computers!