Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
innerstrnt

How to submit a program to be a black listed one?

I'm used of fixing computers here on my shop, I found out that conduit, my backup PC , sweetpacks, advance system care and those stuff along with Adobe flash player update makes a computer boot slow... Is there any way to have a window that will prompt a user to double check the update or an auto deletion command to remove those unnecessary program?

Regular Contributor
intesec

Re: How to submit a program to be a black listed one?

Hi innerstrnt

These types of programmes are called PUP’s, potentially unwanted programmes there are various free on demand scanners that can delete some of them.  They can be downloaded in a bundle, some people can say that the box wasn’t unchecked but in my experance there is no option to reject the PUP.  If you would like links to some of these scanners please repost.

ATB

intesec

dickevans

innerstrnt wrote:

I'm used of fixing computers here on my shop, I found out that conduit, my backup PC , sweetpacks, advance system care and those stuff along with Adobe flash player update makes a computer boot slow... Is there any way to have a window that will prompt a user to double check the update or an auto deletion command to remove those unnecessary program?

Hi,
There is no 'automatic' tool/feature/program/utility that will block all of these 'problem children'.

My recommendation has been to keep a good antivirus active and current and compliment those regular scans with scans using one of the free on demand scanners like Malwarebytes or SuperAntiSpyware. If you do select either of those do not activate the trial of the pro version. Those active scanners conflict with Norton's active features and the performance will be worse and may just quit all together.

Keep us posted

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
Contributor
innerstrnt

Hi intesec and