07-03-2011 02:51 AM
I purchased Norton 360 May 28, 2011.
Indentity Safe worked well for several weeks and then stopped funtioning.
The toolbar currently reads: Identity Safe- Your Identity Safe is ON and CONFIGURED.
Several weeks ago I did install Norton 360 on my 2nd computer but I don't recall if that was when Identity Safe stopped working.
Identity same does not function on both of my computers. My desktop computer has Windows 7 as an operating system and my laptop has Vista.
How can I get Identity Safe to function again? It was a time-saver!!!
Solved! Go to Solution.
07-03-2011 07:28 PM
Sorry for the issue.
1) Can you please tell us the version of Norton 360 you have Installed and browser that you use. (Version Information can be seen under, open Norton 360 UI Click "Support"->"About" and check the version number in the About UI. Version number may look something like this 5-0-0-125).
2) Can you please run liveupdate and get all the updates available.
3) Can you also check under "Settings"->"Identity Protection" -> "Identity Safe Options" that "Securelly collect mu logins and autofill my sites...." option is CHECKED under it.
07-04-2011 02:13 AM
Thanks, viveksu, for getting back to me so quickly!
Norton 360- Version 184.108.40.206
Browser- Internet Explorer 9
I have now just completed steps 2 and 3. I had already completed those same steps prior to this posting.
When I check Manage Logins, all the websites that require sign-in are listed.
I have backed up the website listings to: IdentitySafe.NPM
Again thanks for your help!
07-04-2011 02:31 AM
1) What version of IE you are using, is it 32-Bit or 64-Bit?
2) Open "Manage Logins" UI and check whether "Auto-Fill when I visit this page" option is selected for all the logins you have saved.
07-04-2011 04:06 AM
1. My System type is 64-bit
Internet Explorer 9 version is 9.0.8112.16421 Cipher strength: 256-bit
2. All websites in "Manage Logins" have the "dot" plus a "check mark" to enable log-in to be auto-submitted.
07-04-2011 04:40 AM - edited 07-04-2011 04:41 AM
Did you browse using 32 bit version of IE or 64 bit version of IE?
Norton does not support 64-bit version of IE currenlty.
07-04-2011 04:55 AM
I am getting confused.
When you ask about IE, do you mean Internet Explorer by IE or the operating system 64- bit?
Is there an option to browse using either 32-bit or 64-bit?
Why did Norton Identify Safe function for a period of time?
When will Norton support Internet Explorer 64-bit?
07-04-2011 05:10 AM - edited 07-04-2011 05:15 AM
Sorry if you got confused.
IE means Internet Explorer. I want know whether you browse using 32-Bit or 64-Bit version of IE.
Yes!!!! you can access both (32-bit and 64-bit) versions of IE from a 64-Bit OS Machine. (For exmaple:- Win7 64 Machine will have both 32-bit IE and 64-bit IE).
If C:\ drive is your Primary Partition or the Drive were you have Installed your OS. Then,
32-Bit IE can be accessed from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer"
64-Bit IE can be accessed from "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer"
You can open IE-32 and still access all the Identity Safe features.
Norton Support 32-Bit IE alone, 64-Bit IE support is not available presently.
07-10-2011 02:13 AM
If Norton does not support 64-bit IE what protection have I paid for?
Am I protected against viruses, etc ?
Is the firewall performing?
Must I uninstall Norton 360 and find a product which protects 64-bit IE?
How can I tell the dates of the latest updates to ensure that the updates are downloading to my computer?
07-10-2011 07:24 PM
1) Please Open the folder "C:\Program Files(x86)\Internet Explorer\Iexplorer.exe" and browse using a 32-Bit version of IE, Norton ToolBar is available for you from it.
2) Yes all your Antivirus and Firewall features will work in 64-Bit machines also.
3) Try to run lievupdate and you will see a message stating "You already have all the latest updates...." till then you need to run liveupdate repeatedly to get all the latest updates. Please check the sysmem date before running liveupdate.