Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
mphultin

Installing Norton 360 5.0 from a CD

Help.  Last year I installed Norton 360 4.0 Premier Edition on my computer.  I purchased Norton 360 5.0 and am trying to install it now.  I am followed the instructions where I clicked on "Launch Norton Install" and then clicked on "Install Norton 360".  It took several minutes to upload updates.  I left my computer for a couple minutes and when I returned the Install screen had vanished.  I cannot find the Norton 360 installation page to enter the Product Key.  Please advise.  Thanks,

dickevans

Re: Installing Norton 360 5.0 from a CD

mphultin wrote:

Help.  Last year I installed Norton 360 4.0 Premier Edition on my computer.  I purchased Norton 360 5.0 and am trying to install it now.  I am followed the instructions where I clicked on "Launch Norton Install" and then clicked on "Install Norton 360".  It took several minutes to upload updates.  I left my computer for a couple minutes and when I returned the Install screen had vanished.  I cannot find the Norton 360 installation page to enter the Product Key.  Please advise.  Thanks,

Welcome,

When you click on the icon to open 360 is the word 'activate' visible in the lower left portion of the window?

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
Visitor
mphultin

Should I try and reinstall from the CD and look for it? 

Visitor
mphultin

Hi, I tried to install from the CD again.  A box appears that says "initializing  . . please wait".  when the circle quits moving, the box disappears, but eh Installation Page does not show anywhere?

senthilkumar
Kudos: 256
Solutions: 108

Hi Mphultin

Welcome to Norton community,

Before installing the new one, please remove by un installing the  previous Norton products  on your machine.

Follow below instructions to remove old product

If you use identity safe, before un-installing the previous product, take a backup of Identity safe data (Settings -> Identity Protection -> Backup)

Remove Norton 360 from Start Menu or from Control Panel -> Add or Remove programs  (if this not works,follow below steps)

Please download Norton Removal Tool from following link :  www.norton.com/nrt  and follow the procedure which is mentioned in the link

Install the N360  and Run Live Update until you get no new updates

Restore your Identity Safe data (Settings ->Identity Protection -> Restore)

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks,

Senthil