04-22-2009 02:37 PM
04-22-2009 04:39 PM
Try to update virus definitions using the Intelligent Updater and then run a scan in Safe mode. You can download Intelligent Updater from the following link:
You have to download the first exe file(ends with v5i32.exe) to any other computer, transfer it to your computer through pendrive/flashdrive/CD and then run it. After that, boot your computer to safe mode and run the scan:
1. As soon as the computer starts, tap the F8 key about once per second until you see the Windows Advanced Options menu.
2. Use the arrow keys on the keyboard to select Safe Mode, and then press Enter.
3. Click Yes to proceed to Safe mode.
4. Click Start > Run.
5. Type the following text and click OK:
6. Check whether the scan completes and removes the virus. If Norton program is unable to remove any virus, please make a note of the eaxct name of threat and post it here. Restart the computer once the scan finishes.
You can also try to flush your DNS and resetting the winsock.
1. Click Start > Run, type ipconfig /flushdns and click OK.
2. Click Start > Run, type cmd and click OK.
3. in the command prompt, type the following and press Enter after each line:
netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt [Enter]
netsh winsock reset [Enter]
Let us know the results.