Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor

Invalid Product Key after reformatting my laptop

Hi there. My father bought a Norton 360 4.0, 3-user pack half a year ago. And i've been using this antivirus ever since, with one of the product key. I've recently just reformat my laptop, and the product key that i've used previous was rejected. it was written there

" Invalid Product Key

The product key you entered is invalid. Please enter a valid key."

Can anyone please help me on this? thank you

delphinium
Kudos: 2,955
Solutions: 293

Re: Invalid Product Key after reformatting my laptop

It is always best to contact Chat with product subscription issues.  There may be a problem because the account is in your father's name. 

First, recheck the activation key number to make certain that it is correct.  That is the most likely problem.  Ask your father to access his mynorton.com account and verify the key.

http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/contact/contact.jsp?pvid=cs

Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer.
Mark Twain
Spam Squasher
CyberLife

There are mainly two flavors of Norton 360. Norton 360 Standard and Norton 360 Premier. Their product Keys are not intechangable. So you need to make sure that you have downloaded the correct flavor. Log on to http://www.mynortonaccount.com and see which product you have. Then download the correct flavor from:

Norton 360 Version 5.0 Standard : - www.norton.com/n360s_5
Norton 360 Version 5.0 Premier: - www.norton.com/n360p_5

Make sure that you are using a 25 digit/character code as your Product Key, which starts with the letter "T".

CyberLife :)
Contributor

Thanks guys for your reply. I have already downloaded the latest version and it solved my problem already. Thanks for your attention and time! Cheers!