03-09-2012 05:40 AM
on an older notebook with XP/SP3 and all MS updates I have the problem that the moment I turn on the computer from standby, LiveUpdate uses about 30 minutes (according to the N360 log) to do it's job, all the while accessing the disc extensively and so slowing down the computer terribly.
Is there a way to tell the product
- to update itself not directly after turning on the computer
- do it's job with a less force
- to update at a certain time of the day (like windows update)?
Switching to manual update is no option, because the computer is used by a user who does not care too much about updates.
Thank you and best regards,
03-09-2012 08:53 AM
Welcome to Norton Community!
Sorry for the inconvenience the LiveUpdate has caused you. Please let us know the following information so that we can help you further.
- Your Version of Norton product
- Does manual LiveUpdate completely installs all available updates?
- Did you try restarting the computer and then running LiveUpdate manually?