Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
Avinash_Rao

Liveupdate not working in Version 3.0

Dear all,

I have just recently purchased Norton 360 Version 3.0 and i have installed it on WinXP and activated the software. The liveupdate doesn't seem to work. If i run liveupdate manually, it says i have the latest virus definitions, but the  definitions update says: 181 days ago.

If i use "scan now" option, it searches for update and gives an error. 

I did a full system scan and tried updating, I was unsuccessful.

Also, I am not able to access my norton account from the Norton 360 interface. 

Can anyone help me?

Avinash

Norton Fighter
mdturner

Re: Liveupdate not working in Version 3.0

You should run liveupdate repeatedly until it tells you that it is up to date. With a new install of a product that is quite a few months old it takes quite a few runs to get it fully up to date.

We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace. ~William Ewart Gladstone

Volunteer
yogesh_mohan

Hi Avinash,

For time being, try to update virus definitions using the Intelligent Updater from the following link:

http://www.symantec.com/business/security_response/definitions/download/detail.jsp?gid=n95

You have to download the appropriate exe file for your Norton program according to it's version(Norton 360 3.0) and run it. After that, run a Full System Scan. Then restart the computer and try running LiveUpdate again. If the LiveUpdate fails, click More Details and check for the error information shown there. Let us know the results.

Yogesh

Contributor
Avinash_Rao

Thank you for your replies..

Is this a bug?? Are you telling me to do this on all the computers that i install NAV 360 on?? I have done a liveupdate atleast 10times on one computer and as a sys admin i think its bugging to do a liveupdate so many times and liveupdate is one of the most simple operations any applications can do...

Is there a patch or a fix for this?? 

Regards,

Avinash

Contributor
Avinash_Rao

Hi,

What is the virus Definitions file format when a liveupdate happens? Is it in .exe format?

Coz, my proxy doesn't allow .exe file downloads and Norton 360 doesn't give any error, it just says the virus definitions are upto date, even if i enter the wrong proxy address!!!

Thanks

Avinash

Contributor
Avinash_Rao

Need help in removing virus

Dear Users,

I have a machine infected with Virus. I mapped that machine's Hard Drives from the machine which has Norton 360 version 3.0 installed on it. I scanned all the mapped drives, one drive had 4 viruses and it cleaned them.

I disconnected the mapped network drive and rebooted the infected machine, but i still see an ICON named %$thb$%(C:) on the c:\ drive. 

Has the virus being cleaned? Or how do i remove this?

Thanks

Avinash

dbrisendine
Kudos: 1,292
Solutions: 263

Try restarting the system and then doing a Live Update.
Win7 x32 SP1 NIS 21.1.0.18
Contributor
Avinash_Rao

Done all this several times!!
Volunteer
yogesh_mohan

If you are behind the proxy, you can try to configure LiveUpdate proxy settings:
1. Start Norton 360.
2. Click Settings.
3. Click Administrative Settings.
4. Under Administrative Settings, click Configure next to Network Proxy Settings.
5. If you are using a proxy server to access the Internet, enter the details for Proxy Settings and Authentication.
6. In the Network Proxy Settings window, click Apply > OK.
7. Run LiveUpdate again. After LiveUpdate runs successfully, restart your computer.

If you are using Norton program in more than one computer, you can simply transfer the same Intelligent Updater file to the other computers via CD/flash drive, and use it for updating Norton program

Contributor
Avinash_Rao

Dear Yogesh,

I have configured the proxy as required... .and Internet is working properly from IE and Mozilla...

This is the first thing i did..

The worse part is proxy is configured in the anti-virus program but liveupdate is not working, i am not able to access support, I am not able to access Norton Account and the report says there is some problem with the network!! ??

Has anybody faced this proble,. .. I am able to access internet through IE and Mozilla without any problems??

Avinash