Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
Daiku

Multiple computer protection

I'm not sure how to interpret the point about being able to protect more than one computer. Is it that you instal it on one computer and you can put it on a few others for a limited time or you only have a limited mount of time to put it on the other comuters and they are protected for the same amount as the product you bought (say 1 year)?

Please help -.-;!

Volunteer
Vineeth

Re: Multiple computer protection

[ Edited ]

Hi Daiku,

If you have a Norton 360 product, you can install it on 3 computers. The product will be active on all the computers for one year. Keep in mind that the subscription starts right when you activate the product on the first computer.

You can go through this document for more information.

Vineeth--

Message Edited by Vineeth on 02-18-2009 12:55 PM
Visitor
Daiku

Okay thanks that help, but now I did this before but its been so long and I just updated my subscription, now how do I get that onto the other computers? or does that only work when you first initailly purchace the product?
Volunteer
yogesh_mohan

Hi Daiku,

The protection for multiple computers depends on the User Licenses included in your Norton product according to the region/geographical location. Centain Norton products have 3 User License built-in and so you can use it on 3 different computers for the whole 1 year of subscription. Some Norton products can be installed only on 1 computer (Single User License) and in that case you may need to purchase additional licenses to protect multiple computers with the same Norton product. You can't use the same product on multiple computers without having the necessary user license for that particular Norton product/Product Key. Kindly contact Customer Services, check how many User Licenses you have in your Norton program and use it accordingly. (Chat will be a better option)

Yogesh

Super Phishing Phryer
Vejdin

[ Edited ]

If you purchase a license for 3 PC's, the product can be activated on 3 PC's, whenever you want. But once you activate for the first time on one of the 3 PC's, "countdown" starts. For example, you have 3 PC's at home and you have an activation key for 3 PC's. When you activate on one of your PC's, you get 366 days. After 66 days, you decide to use the same key for activation on your  other 2 PC - you get 300 days remaining.

EDIT: 3 replies at once. LOL!

Message Edited by Vejdin on 02-18-2009 11:01 PM
Volunteer
Vineeth

Hi Daiku,

It will be better if you provide us some more information on this, what is the Norton product you are using, version?

What do you mean by you have just updated your subscription? does that mean you have renewed it?

Vineeth--

Visitor
Daiku

Okay are you saying that i can only have it on one computer at a time? ro do i get 3 different keys for 3 different computers?
Volunteer
Vineeth

Hi,

When you purchase a Norton 360 product, you will receive a product key. You can use the same product key to activate the Norton product on 3 computers. You do not need 3 different product keys. And you can have the product on 3 computers at a time.

Vineeth--

Visitor
Daiku

okay thank you so i can use the same product key that i got in the original package when i first bought it to put on 3 different computers at the same time
Volunteer
Vineeth

Yeah you got it :smileyvery-happy:

Vineeth--