Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
SusanPontow

Newest version Norton 360 Premier security at risk, Fix button doesn't fix anything.

Norton 360 Premier Edition Version: 20.1.1.2 Message: Your computer and network protections are At Risk. I clicked on Fix Now button, but it fixed nothing. It processed Auto-Protect, SONAR Protection, Antispyware, and Incoming and Outgoing Email. I went into settings, and turned all of these items on and clicked the Apply button. Then I tried to do a manual scan, first quick scan, then later a full scan, and each time it failed, saying my product is not active. My subscription is active. When I went back to settings, somehow the Auto-Protect, etc. had been shut off again. I went back and forth a few times, turning the items on and then starting a scan, and got the same results. I went back to settings, turned Auto-Protect, etc. on, clicked apply, clicked close. Then I went into settings again and found all these items turned off. Please help. Thank you very much. Susan
peterweb
Kudos: 1,379
Solutions: 344

Re: Newest version Norton 360 Premier security at risk, Fix button doesn't fix anything.

Check that your system date and time are correct.

How many days are remaining on your subscription? Click on Support - Subscription Status.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Visitor
SusanPontow

Re: Newest version Norton 360 Premier security at risk, Fix button doesn't fix anything.

Thank you for your response.

I have 169 days remaining on my subscription, and my system date and time are correct.

I am running Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 -- seeing that newer post with the OS in the subject line reminded me that I should have given this detail up front.

I'll look at that post and see if there is anything to help me.

peterweb

Try clicking on Support - Get Support to run  Autofix to check your installation and fix what it finds.

Visitor
SusanPontow

Okay, I just read CoachJPP's post and replies. That scenario is not mine. I do have the icon in the system tray.

A few days ago I reformatted my hard drive, and when reinstalling Norton, this is the first experience I have with the new edition. At first, it worked fine. I got all of the live updates, ran scans -- it worked well.

But now I can't run any scans. I kept getting live updates. There is very limited space on C: though, around 700 MB at this time. I had been running it with my virtual memory up and then less than 200 MB available -- but I changed it back to make sure all the live updates could be installed.

Until this gets resolved, could I run the previous version? It looks like I only have a firewall up, with no antivirus protection at this point. On my other computer, also running XP SP3, the previous version still works fine, and I am very reluctant to upgrade that computer to the new version.

Thank you again for your help.

I've run live update, rebooted several times. However, I didn't do the uninstall and reinstall.

Visitor
SusanPontow

I just ran the Autofix. It found no issues. Here's what was copied to the clipboard: Norton 360 Premier Edition 20.1.1.2 Microsoft Windows XP 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.120821-1629 Norton Autofix Results: 0 item(s) Wow, I just closed that window, and a second Autofix window immediately popped up with an error message: Norton 360 Premier Edition 20.1.1.2 Error: 8506, 421 Microsoft Windows XP 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.120821-1629 Norton Autofix Results: 0 item(s) There was no automated fix for this issue.
Visitor
SusanPontow

I just ran the Autofix. It found no issues.

Here's what was copied to the clipboard:

Norton 360 Premier Edition 20.1.1.2

Microsoft Windows XP 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.120821-1629

Norton Autofix Results: 0 item(s)

Wow, I just closed that window, and a second Autofix window immediately popped up with an error message:

Norton 360 Premier Edition 20.1.1.2

Error: 8506, 421

Microsoft Windows XP 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.120821-1629

Norton Autofix Results: 0 item(s)

There was no automated fix for this issue.

Visitor
SusanPontow

I am running an Acer Aspire One netbook, 10 GB hard drive, Windows XP Home SP3 -- last week I reformatted the hard drive back to original factory settings. It's about three years old, used almost daily around 8 hrs/day, and then left on standby the majority of the time.  I don't know if the wear and tear on the system factors in to this problem with Norton not working.

peterweb

SusanPontow wrote:

Until this gets resolved, could I run the previous version? It looks like I only have a firewall up, with no antivirus protection at this point. On my other computer, also running XP SP3, the previous version still works fine, and I am very reluctant to upgrade that computer to the new version.

Yes you can just use the 2012  V6 version of 360. You will need to uninstall  your current 360 using the Norton Removal tool.

Download the Norton Removal Tool from here   www.norton.com/nrt

Download a fresh copy of 360 Premier from here   www.norton.com/n360p_6
If you use Identity Safe, backup/export your data. Do this twice...once using the DAT format, and once using the CSV format
Uninstall your Norton product with Windows control panel.
Reboot.
Run the Norton Removal Tool.
Reboot.
Run the 360 installer.
Run LiveUpdate manually a few times, rebooting as necessary, until no updates are available.
Import your Identity Safe data.

Let us know how it goes.