Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
doctorjeriann

Norton 360 6.0 update-all my logins are missing

As you can see from the subject line, I just ran the update to go from Norton 360 5.something to 6.0. I've completed all the updates. This is my work computer so I had many many logins saved over the past 2 years that I've had the computer. When I click on Identify Safe on the Norton Tool Bar there are no saved logins.

Please Help. I don't have these logins saved anywhere else!

Symantec Employee
viveksu

Re: Norton 360 6.0 update-all my logins are missing

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Can you please answer few queries related to the issue you face.

1) Please launch "Settings" from Norton 360 UI ->Click "Identity Protection" -> Click "Configure" pertaining to "Edit Logins".

Check whether all your logins are displayed in the UI.

2) Please check whether "Norton ToolBar" is enabled in the browser you are working on?(If its not shown or disable, then launch

Manage Add-Ons UI and enabled the Norton ToolBars and recheck the behavior.)

3) Do you have a backup of Identity Safe Data?(If you have one then you can Import/Restore all the data back into Norton 360.)

Visitor
doctorjeriann

viveksu,

I tried 1and 2 as you instructed and and the form says you have not saved any logins yet. Return to this screen to organize and manage your save logins.

I don't know how or if I have a backup of Identity Safe Data? I wasn't promted when I did the upgrade.

Is it possible this information is in a file on my hard drive that I could reinstall somehow?

Thank you. Jeri

Ceolmhor

I'm here for the same reason. I updated from N360 v5 to v6, and no longer have the Norton Toolbar. It also isn't available on the list of extensions.

When I follow the procedure you described above, I get a different result. N360 acts as if it has an active Identity Safe database, but won't accept my previous password. So I, too have the question: Is my database file still here? I use Mozy backup, so it's possible that I can also recover the old file if you can give me sufficient information to do so. I have perhaps 200 logins in it, so if I've lost it, it's going to be a *lot* of work.

Symantec Employee
viveksu

Hi Jeri,

How did you upgrade from N360v5 to N360v6?? (for example:- Did you uninstall N360v5 and later installed N360v6)?

Before you had updated to N360 Version 6 product did you Launch "Settings" -> Click "Identity Protection" -> Click "Configure" link pertaining to"Backup Identity Safe Data and ran a backup in NPM file format.

What is the version of N360v6 you have now?(Please check under "Support"->"About")

Ceolmhor

viveksu,

I apologize for hijacking the thread, but my situation is similar, so I thought it would simplify things if I presented my problem in the same thread. I now see that it might have been better to start my own. Or maybe not. IAC, I'll answer your questions for my case, as well, and hope it doesn't cause anyone trouble.

I find it difficult to successfully update subscriptions from a single license on three machines, and I'm never sure my continuing subscription will get me the engine updates, so I always buy your new version when my subscription runs out. I therefore purchased and installed v6 without uninstalling v5. I had no idea I should do a special backup of the Identity Safe data in order to simply update your product, so I didn't do that. My current version of N360 is 6.0.1.2. What do I do now?

Rudy

Visitor
srwebdeveloper

Hi doctorjeriann, rudy,

I don't know if this will help you also, but I too upgraded from v4+ to v6.0 just today, and could not login to my Identity Safe account.

In trying to find a solution, I just happened to come across another post where someone was complaining about how v6 Identity Safe passwords are now limited to just 20 characters. My previous Identity Safe password was 30+ characters.

So in an act of desperation, I entered just the first 20 characters of my old password, and voila, I was able to log in to the v6.0 Identity Safe.

Hope this works for you too.

yank
Kudos: 2,049
Solutions: 468

srwebdeveloper wrote:

I just happened to come across another post where someone was complaining about how v6 Identity Safe passwords are now limited to just 20 characters. My previous Identity Safe password was 30+ characters.

So in an act of desperation, I entered just the first 20 characters of my old password, and voila, I was able to log in to the v6.0 Identity Safe.

Hope this works for you too.

Thank you very much for the feedback srwebdeveloper - it can be very helpful when things like this are discovered and passed onto others - not to mention that I was not aware of this "fix" - I will remember it for future use! 

Ceolmhor

Srwebdeveloper,

Thanks very much. That clearly was part of the problem, as the first 20 characters of my old password did, indeed, cause other configuration options to appear within the Settings | Identity Safe dialog in N360. It also caused Norton Toolbar 2012.5.1.5 to appear within the Firefox Tools | Addins Dialog. Unfortunately, I have now progressed to the message, "Norton Toolbar is Incompatible with Firefox 11.0". I feel better, but only marginally so. :)

Any word on plans to issue a version of Norton Toolbar that's compatible with the current version of Firefox?

And on the other subject: If you're going to break old passwords, it's helpful to get the word out. :)

Thanks again for the password information. I might never have discovered that. :(

yank
Kudos: 2,049
Solutions: 468

Ceolmhor wrote:

Any word on plans to issue a version of Norton Toolbar that's compatible with the current version of Firefox?

Hi Ceolmhor,

Just curious, have you run manual LiveUpdate (rebooting when requested) until it responds, "No More Updates Availiable"??

Also please check in FF - Tools > Add-ons and ensure the NTB is in fact Enabled.

FF 11.0 is in fact compatable with N 360 V6 at this time.