Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
Oakwell

Norton 360 Backup Not Working

I purchased Norton 360 a couple of months ago and the backup feature has been working great up until now. The backup is no longer working.

When I go to run a backup now, the computer just idles and does nothing at all. It is says it's starting, and then after about 20 minutes it says its running, but nothing at all happens.

I need help ASAP as I'm running a home based business and can't afford to not backup my files.

dickevans

Re: Norton 360 Backup Not Working

Oakwell wrote:

I purchased Norton 360 a couple of months ago and the backup feature has been working great up until now. The backup is no longer working.

When I go to run a backup now, the computer just idles and does nothing at all. It is says it's starting, and then after about 20 minutes it says its running, but nothing at all happens.

I need help ASAP as I'm running a home based business and can't afford to not backup my files.

Welcome Oakwell,

Need some details about your system -operating system, backup destination, are you doing the files and folders of by drive letter?

If it was working and now it isn't, what has changed? Have you added software, hardware, let the destination get full?

Looking forward to your responses

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
Visitor
Oakwell

Hi Dick,

Thanks for your reply.

I have a brand new HP Pavilion PC with Windows 7. My backup destination is online Norton backup/server. I have only used about a gig of Norton online storage space to date (leaving me with around 24 gig spare). I'm pretty sure I haven't added any new software, and definately no new hardware. Nothing has changed with the way I use my PC.

Cheers

Oakwell.

dickevans

Oakwell wrote:

Hi Dick,

Thanks for your reply.

I have a brand new HP Pavilion PC with Windows 7. My backup destination is online Norton backup/server. I have only used about a gig of Norton online storage space to date (leaving me with around 24 gig spare). I'm pretty sure I haven't added any new software, and definately no new hardware. Nothing has changed with the way I use my PC.

Cheers

Oakwell.

Oakwell,

I saw a report that they were doing maintenance on some of the backup servers and one other set of servers. Since I haven't seen an 'all clear' this may be part of your problem. To confirm that is the Norton servers see if you can do a small backup set to a local drive - internal or external, even a CD/DVD. If all of that goes well we'll just have to wait for the tech types to finish their work.

Sorry for the upset.

Dick
Visitor
Oakwell

Dick,

I ran the backup to DVD which worked fine. As you say, I'm guessing we just have to wait for maintenance to finish. I'll check again in a day or so to see if the issue has been rectified.

Thanks for your help.

Oakwell

dickevans

We have a plan :smileyvery-happy:

Dick
Contributor
improwise

What's the point of having an "automatic backup" it it never works? I'm so tired of this now, problem after problem. Looking at the other posts in the thread, I'm not experiencing anything that isn't experienced by other users as well.

Visitor
Oakwell

I know what you mean. Norton Online backup hasn't worked for over a week now. I'm certainly not impressed.

dickevans

I understand your frustration. Please step across the line and try to understand that of the staff and another line to try and understand ours. We're users just like you are and we are having the same problems. I haven't been YELLING at the staff, too much, so that they can hear themselves think and get the problemS fixed.

I haven't seen this type of cascade effect in a long time. It appears that as soon as one problem gets resolved another one is uncovered. It has to end somewhere and at some time. I'm rooting for the staff and thinking it will be soon.

Stay well and surf safe

Dick
Contributor
improwise

Dick, sorry but who are "we" and "the staff"? Are you a representative of Symantec/Norton? Couldn't find any info in your signature about this.