Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
Sergeant319

Re: Norton 360 Error Message 8506, 421

Long time ago I have McAfee A V, then I changed to Norton A V,  I have been using Norton 360 for about 3 years now. These error messages just started within the last 3 months. I install any updates when I am notified by Norton that there is an update available. I am wondering if that has anything to do with any Windows updates, could they be causing the problem. I also ran a Full Malwarebyte scan yesterday. It took six hours with no infections or malware found. Norton 360 is the only A V program that I use on my computer. Even though I still get the error message, it appears that Norton 360 is working because I have the small icon with the green check mark in the bottom right hand corner. Here is one symptom I have also noticed. I downloaded a popular file CCleaner.exe. Norton scans the file and indicates that the file has no reputation. This has come up with other reputable files that I downloaded like Adobe Flashplayer. I appreciate your patience and assistance.

peterweb
Kudos: 1,172
Solutions: 303

Re: Norton 360 Error Message 8506, 421

[ Edited ]

Sergeant319 wrote:

Long time ago I have McAfee A V, then I changed to Norton A V,  I have been using Norton 360 for about 3 years now. These error messages just started within the last 3 months. I install any updates when I am notified by Norton that there is an update available. I am wondering if that has anything to do with any Windows updates, could they be causing the problem. I also ran a Full Malwarebyte scan yesterday. It took six hours with no infections or malware found. Norton 360 is the only A V program that I use on my computer. Even though I still get the error message, it appears that Norton 360 is working because I have the small icon with the green check mark in the bottom right hand corner. Here is one symptom I have also noticed. I downloaded a popular file CCleaner.exe. Norton scans the file and indicates that the file has no reputation. This has come up with other reputable files that I downloaded like Adobe Flashplayer. I appreciate your patience and assistance.

What operating system and service pack are you using?

There could still be remnants of McAfee on your system that could be conflicting with the current version of 360. Check the list of uninstallers on this page and download and run the uninstaller for McAfee.

Then download and run the Norton Removal and Reinstall tool from   www.norton.com/nrnr

Be sure to run LiveUpdate manually a few times, rebooting as necessary, until no updates are available.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.