Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
keirblair
Accepted Solution

Norton 360 Exclusive Gold Edition HELP

Hi I bought my new Samsung notebook at PC World and purchased Norton 360 Exclusive Gold Edition.  I obviously need to down load this and use activation key, anybod out there know where I download this as I can find NOTHING on this 360 Gold and certainly not the exclusive edition, getting pretty stressed here....

huwyngr
Topics: 1,038
Kudos: 2,862
Solutions: 380

Re: Norton 360 Exclusive Gold Edition HELP

[ Edited ]

keirblair wrote:

Hi I bought my new Samsung notebook at PC World and purchased Norton 360 Exclusive Gold Edition.  I obviously need to down load this and use activation key, anybod out there know where I download this as I can find NOTHING on this 360 Gold and certainly not the exclusive edition, getting pretty stressed here....

We don't know a lot about Norton 360 Gold which seems more common in the UK than here in the USA.

When you say you bought it from PCWorld with your notebook what did you actually buy? Did you get a boxed disk or the right to download it and if so from where? I presume your Samsung notebook has an optical drive but you don't say which model it is. If it's an Ullrabook or tablet then it won't.

According to this webpage you should have gotten a boxed CD

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/norton-360-gold-edition-18046160-pdt.html 

I think you probably will find it quicker to ask PCWorld but let us know if you need more help and also what the solution was.

I've asked Norton about the difference between the normal and the Gold editions and also asked whether there is a source for an installation file for the Gold although I've looked before and not found one.

If all else fails Norton have a good 60 day retrun policy and you could get the normal lN 360 for which we can provide a download URL .... but the keys are not interchangeable or I would have given you that already.

Hugh
Visitor
keirblair

No the Samsung has no optical drive, I purchased a boxed CD which has instrctions and an activation key inside specifically for notebooks.  The instructions say that I have to access a web site:

www.norton.com/uk/360gold

which does not seem to actually exist, the only leads I get from this link are to forums where people are complaining they cant find the site!!

I dont understand why I should contact PC world? I dont know how PC World can help me access a site that doesnt seem to exist, is there a contact for UK Norton?

huwyngr

[ Edited ]

OK -- now we have some more information that we did not have bvefore.

I tried that link you posted and it took me to

http://uk.norton.com/now/en/GB_SITE/pu/images/Promotions/2013/gold/Norton_Gold_LP.html  

which had a Download now button.

If you still have a problem you can contact Norton OnLine Support via the CHAT route as below and they should be able to help you.

To contact customer support Click on this link https://www.norton.com/chat   and work on from there.

The reason I suggested contacting PCWorld is that they sold you both items and they could have installed it for you using an external optical drive connecting via USB .... but you had not told us the rest of the story.

Please let us know how you get on ....

PS I'm downloading the installation file from that link you gave but note that the file name

N360_20.1.0.24_DIXONS_366_MRF_8079.exe

has DIXONS name in it specifically so I hope it will work with your KEY. If not then definitely contact Norton OnLine Support. And Please let us know the final outcome.

Hugh
Visitor
keirblair

YEAH!!

Hugh you are a superstar...its started, thank you so much for your help.  Sorry I was a bit short there, been at this for almost three hours :( 

huwyngr

Glad you got there -- it really is important to give full information since we can't see your computer.

Note my addendum about the file name having DIXONS in it so I hope it works with a key from PCWorld. Or did they merge?

When your installation is finished make sure you run LiveUpdate several times with a restart between until it tells you that you are fully uptodate since there is a slightly more uptodate version available via live update.

If you have Windows 8 there are some oddities that Microsoft has not yet sorted out, like the Action Center saying you don't have any protection when Norton is working fine ... that happens to other security applications  too and all are working with Microsoft to resolve it.

Hugh