05-15-2012 06:09 PM - last edited on 05-15-2012 06:35 PM by Tony_Weiss
Just found out this thread was locked, and did not have a "solved" tag on it.
Apologies for my first post, if the mods will delete it, we can clean up the forum.
My problem is two fold.
I get the "Norton 360 one click support" pop up, which tries to force me to run a scan due to errors 3039 and 65543. This looks like malaware.
Now that this thing is going off, the actual Norton Control panel tells me my PC is not protected by SONAR advanced protection.
I am taking the first step and heading to malwarebytes for a tune up, but I want to know what else is up?
Had a brief grace period after a few reboots earlier, and was able to get virus defs downloaded.
Or did I?
Am I being sandbagged?
05-15-2012 06:29 PM - last edited on 05-15-2012 06:36 PM by Tony_Weiss
The 3039,65543 error is usually associated with conflicting security software that may be running on the system, which needs to be removed.
05-15-2012 06:33 PM - edited 05-15-2012 06:39 PM
Thanks, but I went through that yesterday, and didn't see anything that looked like a security program.
Will look again ....
Using Windows Vista, IIRC SP 3.
EDIT: FWIW, the only thing that looks like "security" is my just refreshed Malwarebytes which is running at the moment. That, however, was not alive when this problem started a few days ago.
05-16-2012 12:48 PM
Please follow the instructions given below:
1. Download & run Norton Power Eraser tool:
2. Check if it detects or removes any threats. If you are not sure about the detections made by Norton Power Eraser, please provide that information here.
3. Now, you need to uninstall/reinstall Norton 360 using Norton Remove & Reinstall tool:
4. Once you reinstall Norton 360, run LiveUpdate repeatedly to receive all the available updates & restart the computer again.
Let us know the results.
05-16-2012 01:28 PM
> Please remove any third party security software other that Norton.
> Upon completion of removal restart the computer
> If no third party programs found, Please use Norton removal & reinstall tool
> If still problem persist, please do follow the below mentioned steps
1) Download & run the Norton removal tool (http://www.norton.com/nrt)
2) Please take a backup of your identity safe credentials before using Norton removal tool
3) open the RUN command
4) In RUN dialogue box please type devmgmt.msc & click OK.
5) in Device manager window, please click on VIEW & click on SHOW HIDDEN DEVICES
6) Under Non-plug & play drivers uninstall the following drivers Naveng.sys, Naveng15.sys.
7) Restart the computer & reinstall the Norton 360
8) Norton 360 has multiple editions (Standard & Premier), Please use the below mentioned link to dowload your Norton program
Standard -- (http://www.norton.com/n360s_6)
Premier -- (http://www.norton.com/n360p_6)
Please do share the results.