Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
dwillinga
Accepted Solution

Norton 360 Renewal

Just noticed that Norton is notifying me  it's time to renew my Norton 360. Also notice they want to charge me (approx) 65% MORE than last year. ($29 for 3 computers last year - NOW they want $49.00!)  I'd like to hear THEIR reaction if one of THEIR vendors told them they were implementing a 65% price increase! I'd also like to hear their justification in that 65% increase! Think I'll start shopping! I think it's gonna be goodbye 360! Too bad - I've had their product since2009 too.

Regular Contributor
intesec

Re: Norton 360 Renewal

Hi dwillinga

You can purchase a Norton product from a reputable source.  If you purchase from a store then one day before the subscription runs out click renew on the Norton user interface and below the yellow button there is a link that says, I have a key or code to enter, and follow the prompts, then check the Norton user interface reflects the remaining days are correct.

Check which version of Norton 360 you have, as the standard and premier keys are not interchangeable.

Shop around for the best deal using the web to check computer stores, large stationary stores and electronic stores for the cheapest option, as well as the Norton store.

What I do is when I see the Norton product at a cheap price I purchase it and keep it for many months some times and have it ready to renew.

If you have any questions please ask before starting.

ATB

intesec

Contributor
freedda

So basically you're saying that Norton will honor our renewal even if we didn't buy from their site directly? I've noticed this too, and also the fact that even within the Norton site, we're not being given the best rates for products. That sort of sucks. It's as if they're hoping we'll be lazy and buy from Norton at more cost to us, instead of shopping around. Sort of a crappy way to treat customers dont you think. 

huwyngr
Topics: 1,002
Kudos: 2,724
Solutions: 368

fredda

If you buy a product to use the key -- which is perfectly OK with Norton -- you don't actually renew what you have installed but replace the subscription with a new one for the new period (say 366 days) that do not get added on to any unexpired time you may have. This would apply even if you buy a new copy from Norton itself. Although in both cases we hear that Norton OnLine Support will usually add the lost time back in.

But this is a concession so it's best to avoid this by delaying using the KEY until a couple of days before your present subscription expires.

If you do buy especially with Norton 360 make sure you get the same version -- Standard, Premier etc -- as you have now since the keys are not interchangeable.

Please realize that prices levels change in the market place every year and a quick check on Amazon shows that the Norton price you quote is lower than Amazon's $52 ..... But shop around and make sure you buy from a reputable third source since alas there are a lot of scams around and don't buy a key on its own. It's not licit and you may end up with a used one.....

On the general question of prices Norton cannot undercut its authorized distributors which is why you see variatons out in the market place some of which are loss-leaders.

BTW Keys are not year/version specific, only product, so you can buy that 2013 Norton 360 even if you have or want to use it on the current 2014/V21 now or later.

Hugh
dwillinga

[ Edited ]

I understand the part about Norton not wanting to under-price their distributors. But I bought this Norton 360 FROM Norton a year ago for $29.00. I just can't see their justification in a 65% price increase! Thanx for your reply - lot of good info!

Super Spyware Scolder
Scoop8

[ Edited ]

My Norton 360 Ver 20.4.0.40  3-PC license is coming up for renewal in a couple of weeks.  I recall reading about some scammers at eBay that offer discounted 360 products.

I see this seller that's offering 360 3-PC license with multiple listings for $24.99 .

Can anyone provide feedback here about their experiences with this seller?

The eBay link --> Norton 360 3-PC eBay Item

I noticed that the 360 eBay items are Norton 360 2013 version.  I looked in my 360 Console but I don't see a "year" version in the console.  I bought mine in Dec '12 from the Norton online store.

I checked at Amazon and see a download price of $31.26 .  As a long-time Amazon user, that route may be a little safer than the eBay sellers.

huwyngr
Topics: 1,002
Kudos: 2,724
Solutions: 368

For me the prices of everything went up since last year! 

Certainly even on Amazon, Norton Internet Security was about $19 last year but now $26

Hugh