05-15-2011 09:12 AM
I'm running Norton 360 Version 4. The operating system is Window 7 Home SP1. I can create a restore point from Windows. I've tried turning it off and increasing the restore size. The error is Unable to take a restore point. There is no error number after this. Any help??
Solved! Go to Solution.
05-15-2011 09:14 AM - edited 05-15-2011 09:14 AM
Welcome to Norton Community!
You can try these steps re-create the WMI Repository.
1. Click Start > Run.
2. Type the following and click OK.
3. The Services window appears. In the right pane, right-click Windows Management Instrumentation service, and select Stop.
4. Close the Services window.
5. Navigate to the following folder from My Computer:
6. Delete the "repository" folder.
7. Click Start > Run.
8. Type the following and click OK.
9. The Services window appears. In the right pane, right-click Windows Management Instrumentation service, and select Start.
10. Restart the computer, and run the Registry Cleanup again.
No need to worry about the repository folder, this will be recreated when you restart the computer in step 10. You may also try to upgrade to Norton 360 Version 5.0 and then run Registry Cleanup. Let us know the results.
05-15-2011 02:29 PM
On a slightly different but related issue:
Running windows XP with Norton 360, although following the tamper settings adjustment, the system restore refuses to function. The blue screen restore scroll functions to about 1/3 complete then the scroll leaps to the end and the restart box proclaims system restore failure.
Checked the regedity HKey and system restore has a 0 value.
Downloaded and run tdsskiller with no results.
The reason for wanting to restore system to earlier date is to remove all traces of ARO2011, a suggested and endorsed registry cure-all that did little.
Any suggestions, guidance or direction would be a[ppreciated.
06-02-2011 08:54 AM - edited 06-02-2011 09:08 AM
I have the same problem ever since installing upgrading to the new comcast version 5.
Soultion above did nothing to help.
Win 7 sp1 64bit