09-06-2011 04:32 AM
I always backup my files to an external harddisk, but i changed my computer recently, so i restored my files to the new one...
The files works fine & no problem.. I made my own settings for backup, and since then every backup gives the message (Backup Failed: Encrypted Files Encountered)..
If any one can help plz tell..
I was using win xp, now using win 7 - 64bit
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-06-2011 07:45 AM
Norton 360 gives this error message only when there are some encrypted files in the backup set. Norton 360 will skip backup of encrypted files.
Please check for encrypted files in your set.
09-07-2011 10:14 AM
I've already checked all files in my backup set, but the problem is there is a file 13.7 MB size i've excluded it several times, but always i find it included again.. A file that has no name, or location...
I tried to only backup my excel files, but this file keeps showing also..
09-07-2011 08:02 PM
Once you exclude it, the file shouldn't be included again to the backup set.
As you want to backup only your excel files , Can you try creating a fresh Backup set with just choosing Office Documents option under Manage Backup Sets -> What tab -> Choose the source and choose only the File type Office Documents. Save the backup set.
Now Click on Preview to view the files in the Backup set. This should list only the Office Document files and not the unnamed file which you had mentioned. Is that what you see?
09-07-2011 11:09 PM
- Windows 7 64 bit has an feature to encrypt files in your my documents
- i would suggest you to open the My documents and look for any files which as there name in green color as windows tends to mark the encrypted files names in green
- right click on it click on properties > cick on advance > see if encrypt file is checked uncheck it > apply ok
- You have to do the same for all files in green font
- then restart the backup and let us know what happens
09-09-2011 03:59 AM
Like you said Kavitha, I made a new backup set, and it worked and the file didn't show up and the backup succeeded..
But after that, I tried to find the green marked files as you told me haresh, to find what was causing the problem, but I didn't find any one like that..
Thx for help :)