Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
MRM
Contributor
MRM

Norton 360 V6 Download

Yesterday I upgraded from Norton 360 V5 to Norton 360 V6 which I downloaded from the Symantec web site.  I am running Windows XP Home Edition.  I have some questions:

1. Can I assume that Norton 360 V5 was properly removed during the download/installation of Norton 360 V6?  I did not

use the Norton Removal Tool before downloading V6.  However, V6 appears to run properly so far with no problems.

2. Where do I need to look to determine which version of Norton 360 that I actually have?

3. How do I know if I have successfully turned off the Automatic Renew feature?

4. I guess that V6 is similar to V5 in that it needs something to complement it like SuperAntiSpyware to fully

remove spyware and adware?  After installation of V6, I ran a full V6 system scan (no items were identified) and followed

it up with a SuperAntiSpyware scan which identified 65 items to remove.

Thanks for your help.

peterweb
Kudos: 1,366
Solutions: 342

Re: Norton 360 V6 Download

MRM wrote:

Yesterday I upgraded from Norton 360 V5 to Norton 360 V6 which I downloaded from the Symantec web site.  I am running Windows XP Home Edition.  I have some questions:

1. Can I assume that Norton 360 V5 was properly removed during the download/installation of Norton 360 V6?  I did not

use the Norton Removal Tool before downloading V6.  However, V6 appears to run properly so far with no problems.

2. Where do I need to look to determine which version of Norton 360 that I actually have?

3. How do I know if I have successfully turned off the Automatic Renew feature?

4. I guess that V6 is similar to V5 in that it needs something to complement it like SuperAntiSpyware to fully

remove spyware and adware?  After installation of V6, I ran a full V6 system scan (no items were identified) and followed

it up with a SuperAntiSpyware scan which identified 65 items to remove.

Thanks for your help.

1. It is not necessary to use the Removal Tool in most cases. If everything is working fine, you are good to go.

2. On the main User Interface, click Support About.

3. Look under Settings - Updates, and click on the green button beside Automatic Download of New Version to turn it off.

4. A second opinion is always a good idea. Different programs have their own strengths.

Just make sure you have run LiveUpdate manually, rebooting as necessary, until no updates are available.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
SUBASH_PRABU
Kudos: 257
Solutions: 90

Hi

Jumping in to correct a minor blunder...:robotwink:

3. To turn off the Auto-Renewal, goto www.mynortonaccount.com --> Autorenewal (tab) --> Turn it off.

peterweb
Kudos: 1,366
Solutions: 342

SUBASH_PRABU wrote:

Hi

Jumping in to correct a minor blunder...:robotwink:

3. To turn off the Auto-Renewal, goto www.mynortonaccount.com --> Autorenewal (tab) --> Turn it off.

What, another one. :smileysad:   Thanks for the correction.

Does the Autorenewal tab only appear if you have used Autorenewal? I have never used it and I cannot see this in my Norton Account. The only mention I can see is in my Product History.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
SUBASH_PRABU
Kudos: 257
Solutions: 90

No Worries Peter it happens even to the best in business....:robotwink:

If you don't have the Autorenewal turned ON or If you had already turned it OFF, the Tab will not show up. If it is not there then you can assure that it is turned OFF. If you still want to ensure please contact our and ask them about the AR status in your Norton Product.