Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
MarcusRickeard

Norton 360 and Windows 8

I dont know if anyone else has posted anything like this - Nevertheless i want you all to know my opinion regarding Norton 360 running on windows 8 64bit

I have a brandnew Alienware computer with the all the bells and whistles and got norton 360 - i've been running it now for a few months and it just sucks! it makes EVERYTHING run so slow - takes forever for the ID safe to load and subsequently everything else as well. 

besides the slow load times the program it self is flawed sometimes it doesnt load updates or has an error applying patches - in short MS windows absolutely HATES norton and im going to uninstall Norton .... 

So if you plan on running windows 8 Norton 360 is in my opinion NOT the program to get. 

Im going to try McAfee 

Mrickeard@hotmail.com

dickevans

Re: Norton 360 and Windows 8

MarcusRickeard wrote:

I dont know if anyone else has posted anything like this - Nevertheless i want you all to know my opinion regarding Norton 360 running on windows 8 64bit

I have a brandnew Alienware computer with the all the bells and whistles and got norton 360 - i've been running it now for a few months and it just sucks! it makes EVERYTHING run so slow - takes forever for the ID safe to load and subsequently everything else as well. 

besides the slow load times the program it self is flawed sometimes it doesnt load updates or has an error applying patches - in short MS windows absolutely HATES norton and im going to uninstall Norton .... 

So if you plan on running windows 8 Norton 360 is in my opinion NOT the program to get. 

Im going to try McAfee 

Mrickeard@hotmail.com

Welcome,
Sorry you have had such a poor experience. Just a few comments before you leave.

If your brand new computer with all of the bells and whistles came with a security program preinstalled how did you remove it before installing 360? Also, which version of 360 are you running?

Since you have made the decision to change security products please download and run the Norton Removal Tool before trying to install a different vendor's product. Security software almost insists on being the exclusive protector of a system.

We'll be here when yo need us. Til then

Stay well and surf safe

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
nuckowski

A somewhat irrelevant response. The bottom line is that it appears there are issues with the restart of Windows 8 once Norton 360 is installed. I have the same issue for a couple of months. I had upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8. My issue led to me having to press the button. The drives did not like that. I burned a day getting back on my feet.

I loaded everything bar Norton’s. Finally I loaded it and bingo the issue is back. Microsoft hit it back to Norton’s and Norton’s back to Microsoft. I would suggest – YOU GOT WINDOWS 8 THEN DO NOT INSTALL NORTON 360.

I will be looking at legal means to address the miss selling of this product until this issue is fixed.

Windows Operating Systems Supported

• Microsoft® Windows® XP (32-bit)      Home/Professional/Tablet PC/Media Center (32-bit) with Service Pack 2 or      later
  • Microsoft® Windows® Vista (32-bit and 64-bit)      Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Ultimate with Service Pack 1 or      later
  • Microsoft® Windows® 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)      Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Professional/Ultimate
  • Microsoft® Windows® 8/8 Pro (32-bit and      64-bit)

I THINK NOT!!!!!

Regular Contributor
buoybells

My computer is new (2 months old) and have been running Norton 360.  The most important issue I had was removing Kaspersky security program.  Removed the program and have had Norton 360 running since.  The only hiccup I've experienced running Norton 360 is the Full System Scan stalling while scanning.  It always stalls as it's scanning the Microsoft Apps for a couple of Xbox games I play.  I'm running Windows 8, 64-bit, IE10 and have the new version of Norton 360 which was updated via the Live Update.  Good luck with whatever security program you go to but Norton does work on Windows 8, 64-bit.  

8win360mess

[ Edited ]

My experience has been identical to the previous one...It is not working. Several Power Erase applications and several Remove-Reinstalls so far.  Very bad. My computer has always had only Norton products on it previously...so it is not a spyware conflict.

dickevans

8win360mess wrote:

My experience has been identical to the previous one...It is not working. Several Power Erase applications and several Remove-Reinstalls so far.  Very bad. My computer has always had only Norton products on it previously...so it is not a spyware conflict.

Hi,
There are many other types of infections. And, there are thousands released daily just to keep life interesting.

Stay well and surf safe

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
8win360mess

Sorry? I don't see how your Guru response applies to the reports of Norton 360 not doing the job on Windows 8.  I bought 360 to automatically deal with these new infections. Hard to do when I cannot even open the program or get it to scan when I want to.  There are reports of the problems all over the place..No apparent Norton fix in the works. This has not been my previous experience with Norton products.