Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
Kathryn0915

Norton 360 auto renewed amnt too high

I just saw my cc bill for the AUTO renewal year for norton 360 protection....wouldn't have had such an issue if it hadn't been for the fact they charged me 79.99 + tax....when i first purchased the product i paid around $42 and darn well kno I would not have set up AUTO RENEWAL....ALSO trying to get to talk to someone about this is frustratingly impossible?!!!!!! Why was i billed/charged that rate when it is on their front page for half that price???? No one, in their right mind, would want to pay full price for anything....even in emails warning my time would be coming up to renew - no mention of any rates were listed....i am very dissatisfied with the lack of service for this issue....any ideas????? Thx kat
yank
Kudos: 2,063
Solutions: 470

Re: Norton 360 auto renewed amnt too high

Hi Kathyrn0915,

You can contact Live chat, explain the situation to them and they should be able to assist, or guide you in who to contact 

Personally, I would request a refund and purchase a N 360 V6 disc cheper and just use the Product key or possibly Chat could set you up with the reduced price on the site and credit the difference back to your cc. 

Live chat- www.norton.com/chat

dickevans

Kathryn0915 wrote:
I just saw my cc bill for the AUTO renewal year for norton 360 protection....wouldn't have had such an issue if it hadn't been for the fact they charged me 79.99 + tax....when i first purchased the product i paid around $42 and darn well kno I would not have set up AUTO RENEWAL....ALSO trying to get to talk to someone about this is frustratingly impossible?!!!!!! Why was i billed/charged that rate when it is on their front page for half that price???? No one, in their right mind, would want to pay full price for anything....even in emails warning my time would be coming up to renew - no mention of any rates were listed....i am very dissatisfied with the lack of service for this issue....any ideas????? Thx kat

Welcome,
Sorry you hadd such an expensive expeerience with the auto renewal feature. Please contact customer support

http://www.norton.com/chat

and see if they can provide some relief

Keep us posted

PS: The route suggested by many is to start shopping for the best price from a reliable dealer and buy that box. Then just before expiration time enter the new key and obtain another year of protection. Norton cannot undercut the prices of their distribution partners so the best price is usually another vendor.

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
Visitor
Kathryn0915

I have tried live chat....no one came on!!! Waited for at least an hour!!! Thank u
Visitor
Kathryn0915

I tried the "live chat" - waited for at least an hour for someone to respond - get on....no go their...may try again later....aren't they supposed to be 24hrs? Thank u?....
yank
Kudos: 2,063
Solutions: 470

Kathryn0915 wrote:
I have tried live chat....no one came on!!! Waited for at least an hour!!! Thank u

Did you get past the first page (took me a few minutes my first time to relieze that you had to click on the Orange >)? 

I just went thru a "test chat session"  and got the following:

Thank you for contacting Norton Support. We are currently experiencing longer than expected wait times. You have been now been placed in a queue and our next available expert will be with you soon.
If you need help to download and install a Norton product, we have an online tutorial with step by step instructions available from www.norton.com/download While you wait, please feel free to check it out. 

You are not currently connected to a chat representative.

I closed it out, rather than waiting - but I did get thru and in the queue.

Visitor
Kathryn0915

That is as far as it got last night and i tried more than once...and stayed on the page one time for at least 15 minutes....if that is what they consider customer service, than its prob not worth my time....sorry...