06-24-2009 09:42 PM
Our Norton 360 has stopped running. We can run the support program in the support group. The program found that no backup is specified but that's all it reported. At one point a popup panel instructed us to stop Terminal Services and the Norton 360 service. Wee did then restarted our computer as instructed. This time no popuppane and no Norton 360. When we try to manually start Norton 360 nothing happens. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
06-24-2009 10:19 PM
Could you download and run GMER here http://www.gmer.net/
Save the log and attach it here using the reply editor "Insert code" button
06-25-2009 06:40 AM
Welcome to Norton Community!
Can you check in services and make sure that both Terminal Services as well as Norton 360 service is set as Started - Automatic?
Here are the steps:
1. Do one of the following:
* For Windows Vista: Click the Start button, and then click All Programs > Accessories > Run.
* For Windows XP: Click Start > Run.
2. In the Run dialog box, type the following text, and then click OK:
If the User Account Control window prompted, click Continue in the User Account Control window.
3. In the Services dialog box, locate and double-click the Norton 360 service.
4. To the right of Startup type, verify that Automatic appears. If Startup type is not Automatic, then in the drop-down list, click Automatic.
5. To the right of Service Status, verify that Started appears. If the Service status is not Started, then click Start.
6. Click OK. (Perform the steps for Terminal Service)
7. Exit the Services window.
8. Restart the computer.
If the problem persists, you may need to uninstall Norton 360 using the Norton Removal Tool and then reinstall it. Let us know which works for you.
06-25-2009 07:40 AM
06-25-2009 09:46 AM