Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
Jodzysip
Accepted Solution

Norton 360 on Windows 8 issues

[ Edited ]

Hi, I'm new to the forums. I'm having problems with my Norton 360 on my Windows 8 PC. Every time I open it, it says: Security At Risk. I click on 'Fix Now', and two windows pop up, one being a 'Fix Now' window, the other being a Norton LiveUpdate window. All the Norton LiveUpdate does is pend the update process, where the other 'Fix Now' window says 'Protection Updates: Not Fixed' after a while of waiting. It also says 'Quick Scan: Pending' but that's all it seems to do. Can someone help me resolve this issue?

dickevans

Re: Norton 360 on Windows 8 issues

Jodzysip wrote:

Hi, I'm new to the forums. I'm having problems with my Norton 360 on my Windows 8 PC. Every time I open it, it says: Security At Risk. I click on 'Fix Now', and two windows pop up, one being a 'Fix Now' window, the other being a Norton LiveUpdate window. All the Norton LiveUpdate does is pend the update process, where the other 'Fix Now' window says 'Protection Updates: Not Fixed' after a while of waiting. It also says 'Quick Scan: Pending' but that's all it seems to do. Can someone help me resolve this issue?

Welcome,

Sounds like your copy of 360 is a bit confused. Please download and run the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool

www.Norton.com/nrnr

that should put a complete, clean copy on your system. Be sure to run live update to bring it up to the minute.

Keep us posted

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
Visitor
Jodzysip

Thanks very much! It worked to perfection, and is now currently undergoing an updated full system scan. Thanks again!

shannons
Topics: 50
Kudos: 115
Solutions: 8

cbraboy

Problem not solved. Temp fix! tired of getting run around, maybe MacAfee works better

8win360mess

I can't believe this is labeled "Solved!". I have Windows 8 Pro on a Pentium D PC which had Windows 7 previously.  I have also used the Power Eraser and the Removal-Reinstall Tool several times. Still have an unstable program which often will not open...let alone do quick scans. There was an initial problem with the Homegroup Icon mysteriously popping into my desktop despite my not joining a Homegroup. I found a fix for that one on another forum.  Now my desktop changes display settings at will. It all seems related to Norton's bad performance at start-up. VERY disappointed. Have been a customer for years now.

dickevans

8win360mess wrote:

I can't believe this is labeled "Solved!". I have Windows 8 Pro on a Pentium D PC which had Windows 7 previously.  I have also used the Power Eraser and the Removal-Reinstall Tool several times. Still have an unstable program which often will not open...let alone do quick scans. There was an initial problem with the Homegroup Icon mysteriously popping into my desktop despite my not joining a Homegroup. I found a fix for that one on another forum.  Now my desktop changes display settings at will. It all seems related to Norton's bad performance at start-up. VERY disappointed. Have been a customer for years now.

Welcome,
Sounds like you have a different problem. I've asked a moderator to break this message away from those before it so we can deal witho your mproblem separately.

Thanks

Dick
dickevans

cbraboy wrote:

Problem not solved. Temp fix! tired of getting run around, maybe MacAfee works better

Welcome,
Maybe, maybe not. Without some more details about your configuration I wouldn't even guess at what might be the problem or problems.

Keep us posted

Dick