Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
dwt47

Norton 360 premier backup and cloud storage

Is there a way to set cloud storage as a backup location? I do not see a way to do this when I try to run a backup. Thanks

dickevans

Re: Norton 360 premier backup and cloud storage

dwt47 wrote:

Is there a way to set cloud storage as a backup location? I do not see a way to do this when I try to run a backup. Thanks

Hi,

When you click on the 'where' tab while setting up a backup job what locations are available to you?

Thanks

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
peterweb
Kudos: 1,462
Solutions: 365

[ Edited ]

dwt47 wrote:

Assuming you are not talking about the online storage that comes with N360 but some other cloud storage such as Skydrive, I think the only way to do that is if the cloud storage can be mapped as a local drive.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Contributor
dwt47

Yes , this is what I am trying to do and I don't know how . I am using Just Cloud to try to store the data but it does not show in my list of locations. Thanks for the reply

Contributor
dwt47

my hard drive, My norton sydrive which isn;t large enough and my cd drive. Thanks for the reply

peterweb
Kudos: 1,462
Solutions: 365

dwt47 wrote:

Yes , this is what I am trying to do and I don't know how . I am using Just Cloud to try to store the data but it does not show in my list of locations. Thanks for the reply

I do not think that is possible with N360.Norton needs to see a drive attached to your computer, or its' own online backup.

According to their web site, JustCloud constantly backs up your files. 360 would be duplicating that effort.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Contributor
dwt47

This is what I thought too but just cloud is backing up 7gb and norton wants to back up 61gb

dickevans

dwt47 wrote:

This is what I thought too but just cloud is backing up 7gb and norton wants to back up 61gb

Hi,

360's rst backup will be a complete backup of the partition. After that it will do incremental backups. So, the first one will be a monster and after that they will be more reasonable in size, unless you are doing a lot of downloading and changing. I'm not sure what just cloud is trying to back up so I can't comment on the size of that files. I expect that it too uses a compression scheme so that may also be a factor in the file sizes.

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21