Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
Oregano

Norton 360 says my computer is at risk.

I have Norton 360.  It says in red letters - your PC needs to be scanned for virus.  I turned on the scan, clicked "Shut Down after Completion" and it ran all night long.  It was still running when I got up in the morning.  Plus, I can't click on several of my desktop icons.  They won't work. 

I ran the Norton Power Eraser, followed instructions and I'm still getting the red-letter message from Norton 360.  Can someone please help me? 

peterweb
Kudos: 1,456
Solutions: 364

Re: Norton 360 says my computer is at risk.

Check that your system date and time are correct.

Be sure you have run LiveUpdate manually a few times, rebooting as necessary, until no updates are available.

Try clicking on Support - Get Support to run  Autofix to check your installation and fix what it finds.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Visitor
Oregano

Thank you - I will try this!
Visitor
Oregano

Latest report on my problem. 

1.  Have run the Live Updates several times and rebooted. 

2.  Have run Norton Power Eraser.

3.  Have Run Norton Boot Recovery

4.  Have run registry cleaner, idle quick scans, disk optimizer and just about everything else.

5.  Have checked all of my settings - and everything else is testing okay. 

The full-system scan is still not working at all.  It's as though my Full-Scan feature on Norton 360 is infected.  I know that sounds strange, but no matter what I do, the red letters still come up that my computer needs to be fixed with a virus scan.  I wish I could take a screen shot. 

Is there anything else I can do? 

peterweb
Kudos: 1,456
Solutions: 364

Firstly, any time you need to post a screenshot you can follow the instructions here   Instructions to post screenshots can be found here
http://community.norton.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Forum-Tip-How-to-post-screenshots-in-the-forum/m-p/254...

Now to your problem.

What operating system and service pack are you using?

It does sound like you may have a problem with your installation. I recommend you run the Norton Removal and Reinstall Tool to get a fresh installation of your product.

Download the Norton Removal and Reinstall Tool from here   www.norton.com/nrnr
If you use Identity Safe, backup/export your data. Use the CSV format for compatibility.
Run the Norton Removal and Reinstall Tool.
Reboot.
Run LiveUpdate manually a few times, rebooting as necessary, until no updates are available.
Try to log into your Identity Safe. If you can, you are done. If not, Import your Identity Safe data.

Let us know if this helps.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.