Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
pedrodee
Accepted Solution

Norton 360 upgrade failed to install

I got error mesage 3039,65559 on Norton 360 version 5.0

I follwd the instructions to uninstall and then reinstall. Before reinstalling I chose Adobe 9.0 as the programme to install to. I then got a screen saying that my Adobe 9.0 was defective for some reason. Now I cannot find Norton 360 on my computer?

Symantec Employee
prasanna_a

Re: Norton 360 upgrade failed to install

Hi,

You told N360 upgrade, can you please let us know what you tried actually?

Is that like once you got the error message when using the product and you tried Norton removal tool but reinstall was not successful? Am i right?

Are you able to see the Norton desktop icon or tray icon?

Just check, if you are able to see the Norton Folder in the program files and let us know.

Regards,

Prasanna

Visitor
pedrodee

Hi

I can find the Norton 360 icon on the list pf programmes. When I try to run it it tells me that I have a 'problem that needs attention. Setup has detected an unknown incompatability with a product in your sysem'. When I then try to reinstall the message shows, 'No Norton Product found on this computer'. All was fine until I got the error message.

pedrodee

Symantec Employee
prasanna_a

Hi,

Did you try using our Norton removal tool for uninstalling the product? This will do a clean uninstall and you can proceed installing on a machine which is fresh without any norton product before.  Download the NRT tool from here : www.norton.com/nrt

And then try installing the product again. By the way do you use any other Security product in your machine other than Norton?

Regards,

Prasanna

Visitor
pedrodee

Visitor
pedrodee

Hi

I used the unistall programme that came with the upgrade. I will try the removal tool as you suggest but it seems that, apart from desk top icons ect. Norton 360 has already been wiped off my computer, hence the message, 'No Norton product found on thos computer'.

I do have the original Norton 360 disc but since then I have renewed the product on line. Would it work if I tried reinstalling from this disc?

Pedrodee

Symantec Employee
prasanna_a

Hi,

Ya that would work, you can install it again but you will have run several Live Updates to come to the latest version of the product.

You could better try the removal tool and then try to upgrade.

Regards,

Prasanna

Visitor
pedrodee

Hi

Will I need to pay for a renewed subscription to download the upgrade or will it be recognised that my existing subscription is paid uptodate and has about 6 months to run?

Pedrodee

DistEd2
Kudos: 412
Solutions: 81

[ Edited ]

You will not have to pay for the program again, and your subscription days will automatically be recognized when you reinstall this way. Here are the step-by-step instructions:

1. Export your Identity Safe cards/credentials to your desktop if you've set these up, so you'll be able to import them back in when your clean install is complete.
  2. Make sure that you have set up (and can still access) your Norton Account, and that your current Norton 360 subscription is showing under the "Products" tab, with a big yellow "Download" button at right; this is how you will reinstall your Norton product and have it linked automatically to your subscription.
  3. From Windows Control Panel, use the Add/Remove Programs function to uninstall your Norton 360. This will disconnect all your critical system drivers from your security product so they aren't deleted by the next step. Be sure to take advantage of any opportunity you're given to save your Norton settings so they can be reloaded by Norton 360 when you reinstall it later in the process. Reboot your computer when this is complete.
  4. Download and run the Norton Removal Tool to ensure a complete uninstall of your existing Norton product. This is necessary because of the extent to which a security package needs to have its tendrils deeply intertwined throughout the Operating System to do its job, and will clean up debris Windows leaves behind that may interfere with proper operation of your Norton product.
  5. Once the Norton Removal Tool has finished, reboot your computer again, and immediately log back into your Norton Account and click that big yellow Download button. Remember, until you do this, you are temporarily without your Norton protection.

This last step will reinstall Norton 360 and link it automatically to your existing subscription. You should now be back in business, protected by "the speed and power of Norton!" :smileyvery-happy:

[Edit: If you cannot access your Norton Account, you can downloady our product direct from the Norton site (for Norton 360 Standard, use http://www.norton.com/n360s_5 or for Norton 360 Premier, use http://www.norton.com/n360p_5 to do this), and activate it using the Product Key from your software package. We do not generally recommend reinstalling from the original CD, as that will install a comparatively ancient version of the software and associated detection definitions.]

Please let us know how this works out. We're here to support you until you can click that "Accept as Solution" button!

Visitor
pedrodee

Thanks chaps. I went to www.norton.com/360s_5 and it went like clockwork. I'm happy to click on the 'Problem solved button'.

Regards from pedrodee