Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
pepoluan
Accepted Solution

Norton 360 v 4.2.0.12 keeps asking for activation after login

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I've been experiencing activation-related issue.

My Norton 360 (version: 4.2.0.12) keeps asking for activation everytime someone logs in. No need for reboot; merely logging out then logging into another account (my family PC has 3 users) will result in Norton 360 to be deactivated and needs reactivation.

Can someone shed a light on why this is happening?

FYI, I have the 3-PC edition of Norton 460 v4, and installed on 2 computers. But only this one computer has that particular problem.

And my computer is not connected to the Internet all the time; if I need Internet access, I must first connect a USB HSDPA modem.

Volunteer
yogesh_mohan

Re: Norton 360 v 4.2.0.12 keeps asking for activation after login

[ Edited ]

Hi Pepoluan,

Welcome to Norton Community!

Did you install and activate N360 from a windows user account with administrator rights?

Did you try uninstall and reinstall?

Go to C:\Program Files\Norton 360\Engine\4.2.0.12, right-click on ccsvchst.exe file and select Run as Administrator. Check if the problem persists.

Yogesh

pepoluan

yogesh_mohan wrote:

Hi Pepoluan,

Welcome to Norton Community!

1. Did you install and activate N360 from a windows user account with administrator rights?

2. Did you try uninstall and reinstall?

Go to C:\Program Files\Norton 360\Engine\4.2.0.12, right-click on ccsvchst.exe file and select Run as Administrator. Check if the problem persists.

Yogesh

1. Yes. I forgot to write that I use Windows XP Pro, and install from an administrator-level account.

2. Not yet. I've just uninstalled and am going to reinstall now. Should I still activate from within Norton 360, or run ccsvchst.exe before activation?

Volunteer
yogesh_mohan

run ccsvchst.exe before activation.

Yogesh

pepoluan

Ahaha... thanks! It works!

Just for reference, here's what I did:

1. Uninstall Norton 360, making sure to delete all settings/preferences (even though I was going to install it back)
  2. Restart the PC
  3. Connect to the Internet
  4. Install Norton 360, making sure to let the installer download the updates while installing
  5. When installation completed, did not activate, but double-click the ccsvchst.exe first (nothing visibly happened, though)
  6. Activate my installation
  7. (Although you didn't tell me to, I did this just-in-case) Double-click the ccsvchst.exe again
  8. Restart the PC (again, just-in-case)
  9. Run LiveUpdate
  10. Restart the PC (this one asked by LiveUpdate)
  11. Run LiveUpdate again (to update the virus defs)
  12. Restart the PC (forgot if this asked or not, just to be safe)
  13. Done

Now my Norton 360 is permanently activated! Thanks, yogesh_mohan! :smileyvery-happy: